“Your typical Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #60 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Prince Albert, Canada
“Your typical Best Western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Located within close proximity to airport. We had a car rental with GPS and had no problem finding it. There are a couple of food choices within close driving distance though I don't think I'd prefer walking around the area at night. Front desk staff was mediocre and seemed more willing to serve Spanish speaking customers first and English second. Room was average, no complaints. Good place for a quick stopover upon arrival or departure from Miami.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Recife, PE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay a this hotel for a night because my flight was canceled.
It was a terrible experience there, definitely a place that I would never go back!
Staff is so rude, and I say that by the check in and check out that were make by different people, so the only reason that I found out was that the staff there are trained to be rude and desrespect people that go to the hotel.

The room was bad too. It's so old, it doesn't has a new tv, just the ones that I didnt see for years!!

If you are planing to stay there, find another hotel. Its my advice!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

As many reviewers have stated, this is not an "airport" hotel; it is a few miles away, although easy to find from the airport. As we had a hire car, this didn't cause us a problem. The check-in staff was very helpful and friendly and cannot be faulted. The room was OK; it was spacious but it showed signs of wear - stains on the carpet, greying towels etc. Breakfast was due to finish at 9.00 a.m. but when we checked out at 9.10 it was still in use, so we took the opportunity to grab a bite to eat - nobody tried to stop us and people were still arriving for breakfast well after 9.30 a.m. Not everything was available (after all, it was past "closing time") but we had sufficient to eat to set us on our journey.

Would I recommend this hotel? Probably not - because it's over-priced for what it is and the "airport" name is misleading for non-drivers. You could probably find something similarly priced at a more convenient location and in better condition.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

great place to stay. staff is very friendly and always eager to please. I have stayed here for 5 months straight and they made me feel like it was my home. everyone always has a smile on their face and very helpful with any questions you may have.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was relatively distant from the airport.
By the time of my arrival the shuttle was no longer operating.
[This changed the economics of the choice to use the hotel.]
Room - OK, towels were washed, yet a stain remained on the bath towel never-the-less the towel was put out.
Breakfast - average.
Shuttle - runs on an hourly basis when operating.
Check-in/check out - efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our stay was exceptional- a lot better than expected. From the arrival we were impressed with the lobby area and general surroundings. We had no trouble in getting a well made up room after checking in shortly after 3 pm. The room itself was pretty large as far as hotel rooms go (we booked the King bedroom) and well appointed with toiletries, shower cap, fridge and microwave. The room was clean and cosy and had a modern finish. We stayed for four nights and found the location to be excellent as it was litterally 5 mins from Miami International Mall and less than 10 mins away from Dolphin. The hotel was also pretty close to several restaurants within the area (we had a car so it wasn't a problem getting anywhere). The breakfast was free and they tried to change it up everyday so that was a plus (even had a waffle maker on hand). The breakfast area was too small though, and it was a struggle to find seating at times so bear that in mind. I would suggest going earlier to avoid the rush. I didn't try the pool but it did look inviting and clean. My only suggestion would be to get house keeping staff that could speak at least a little english. It really was a task trying to communicate with some of them. All in all, great trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed in this and other hotels in the area before and I was surprised to walk to a full lobby with guests waiting for 3 o'clock in order to register. I understand that the check in is at 3 o'clock but you could have the front desk agents be at least a bit more polite.
I also noticed at one moment 4 agents at the front desk but only one was working on checking-in guests.
Moreoever, when we were finally checked in we were asked to wait for another 10 minutes in order for the room to be ready (evethough, guests registering after us were given a room right away). I've been waiting 40 minutes since I walked in and still have not been able to access the room.
Honestly, I'm dissapointed in the quality of service I'm receiving, specially having been a guest here before.

*This is basically the copy of an email I sent to the manager but got no reply.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!