“Great choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Trinidad
“Great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our stay was exceptional- a lot better than expected. From the arrival we were impressed with the lobby area and general surroundings. We had no trouble in getting a well made up room after checking in shortly after 3 pm. The room itself was pretty large as far as hotel rooms go (we booked the King bedroom) and well appointed with toiletries, shower cap, fridge and microwave. The room was clean and cosy and had a modern finish. We stayed for four nights and found the location to be excellent as it was litterally 5 mins from Miami International Mall and less than 10 mins away from Dolphin. The hotel was also pretty close to several restaurants within the area (we had a car so it wasn't a problem getting anywhere). The breakfast was free and they tried to change it up everyday so that was a plus (even had a waffle maker on hand). The breakfast area was too small though, and it was a struggle to find seating at times so bear that in mind. I would suggest going earlier to avoid the rush. I didn't try the pool but it did look inviting and clean. My only suggestion would be to get house keeping staff that could speak at least a little english. It really was a task trying to communicate with some of them. All in all, great trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed in this and other hotels in the area before and I was surprised to walk to a full lobby with guests waiting for 3 o'clock in order to register. I understand that the check in is at 3 o'clock but you could have the front desk agents be at least a bit more polite.
I also noticed at one moment 4 agents at the front desk but only one was working on checking-in guests.
Moreoever, when we were finally checked in we were asked to wait for another 10 minutes in order for the room to be ready (evethough, guests registering after us were given a room right away). I've been waiting 40 minutes since I walked in and still have not been able to access the room.
Honestly, I'm dissapointed in the quality of service I'm receiving, specially having been a guest here before.

*This is basically the copy of an email I sent to the manager but got no reply.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are nice and clean, the facilities are in good shape, pool looks good too, good service from staff the were very friendly in the front desk. The breakfast is okay; there was cereal muffins, fruit, milk, coffee, tea, etc. there was not a lot of variety of meat sauce or eggs. What I didn't like was the elevator because it took forever but it was good too. Great location for families. Close to CVS. Speak Spanish

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family of 4 had a very bad stay and definitely will not recommend this hotel to anyone. We have often stayes in Best Western hotels, and this is for sure the worst one and does not live up to their normal standard. 3 months in advance we had on Best Western own website booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. We ended up with the most stinking smoking room and 1 king sized bed and a sofa bed we had to do ourselves, so not at all what we had booked so long in advance. The hotel could only offer us another non-smoking room with 1 double bed and 1 roll in bed, but since we were 4 people it was not an option! The size of the room was fine. If we had not arrived so late (which we had warned the hotel about when making the reservation), and had 2 young children with us - we would have left immediately and found another hotel. The breakfast was only OK
I was later asked for a review by Best Western and based upon my bad review I have received an email where they are apologising, but also making excuse that some guests had stayed longer so they could not ask them to move rooms. So please be aware that you cannot trust your bookings with Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western hotel from the 4th August to the 10th of August. I was very pleased with all the services provided and really felt as if I got value for my money. Given that I had two children with me, the reservation clerk was wise in her decision to place us on the ground floor. This helped when I needed to take breakfast to the room since my children slept late. It also helped when I needed to sneak out early on mornngs to use the computer. Yes, there were only two computers but it only took a little common sense to determine the best time to access the facility. I never had to wait in line to use it.

The shuttle drivers were very helpful, the front desk staff were courteous and helpful, breakfast was good, the room was clean, the pool was clean and the shuttle service to the mall was convenient. I was on a three hotel vacation which started with Best Western, so that I could access Dolphin mall and Miami International Mall. The next leg of the vacation took us to the Doubletree hilton in Ft Lauderdale where we shopped at Sawgrass mall and then back up to Miami, for the last four days, where we stayed at the Hyatt.

I am sorry now that I chose the Hyatt downtown Miami over Best Western since the facilities I had at the former, I had to pay for at the latter. At the Best Western I had a mini refrigerator and microwave, free use of the internet and a free shuttle service. At the Hyatt, I had none of these. I also need to say that at Best Western i did not have to pay for any packages that I received at this hotel.

I would recommend Best Western to all my friends and family and i look forward to enjoying their services once again, in the not too distant future.

bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we stayed here after a flght from the uk. took ages for the shuffle to arrive which I must add you need to call up to pick you up and its a long way from the airport for a airport hotel.
yuck breakfast if you like to eat healthy but ok

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel facilities are very nice. It's very well located if you want to go shopping to Miami International Mall or Dolphin Mall.
The staff is quite friendly and helpful. They attended very quickly the requests we did (two minor fixes in the bathroom, nothing important).
It would be great if they added a couple of options more for breakfast. Besides, it would be great if they offered lactose-free milk for lactose intolerant people who want to get some cereal for breakfast.
To say it shortly: we would go back to this hotel with no problem. We got a very good room with very good service for an affordable price. Good choice if you want to go to Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!