“Surprised” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill

Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill
400 NW North River Dr., Miami, FL 33128 (Downtown)
305-371-4107
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pembroke pines
“Surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went for lunch to Casablanca my first time. Had always gone to garcia's. When we went inside was surprised because I thought it would be like garcia's. We decided to eat outside very nice overlooking the river with nice tables and table clothes (not like garcia's). Had oyster rockafeller it was ok not the best. And a fish sandwich. The bun was bigger than the fish. Overall I would go again for the atmosphere and just try something else. Rate it a 7

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Aventura, Florida
“Ho Hum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Crowded, noisy, smelly (from motor boats) and overrated - otherwise OK?
Tried to pawn off 1/2 size Paella as a full portion . When asked waiter what gives he just shrugged his shoulders. No reservations on weekends and charge for valet parking (Garcias next door is free valet)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a very late Easter lunch at Casablanca after spending the day on the water sight seeing and water skiing. Boats moored three deep, large parking lot and the place was buzzing for the couple of hours we were there. Fast and friendly service. Great Mojitos. The stone crab, conch fritters and grilled calamari were amazing. The whole fried fish was to die for. Nice traditional cuban desserts. Don't miss a visit to Casablanca.

Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida
“THE WORST IMAGINABLE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'm in the entertainment business, and as such, I eat at many restaurants including many of the best in S. Florida.
This was one of the WORST experiences I've ever had in my life!!! It was my wife's birthday and this is where she wanted to go. It was me, her and our son. She and I had been there once before and it was pretty good. Not so this time.
Where do I begin? First, the neighborhood sucks near downtown. It's either meters on the street or valet. I opted to valet. They take your car down the street somewhere in this awful neighborhood and it's $5. OK, now we're inside. It's a 25 minute wait to sit out by the river, so my wife opts for a table inside opposite what sounded like the dishwashing station behind a sort of half wall. I mean, clang, clang, water running, loud talking/ yelling- just lovely. Next- the service. The waiter was personable. They give you some "fish dip" accompanied by corn chips. We asked for crackers. We had to ask a second time. We were brought some packages of wheat crackers which were all broken into pieces inside the packages. We asked AGAIN, this time specifically for saltines, and were told that they didn't have any. My wife then asked for bread. A few minutes later we got some toasted Cuban bread with a little garlic and parsley on it. Fine. My wife and son both had the grilled snapper which she liked. My son said it was OK, but bland. It was accompanied by a salsa verde made with- are you ready? MAYO! OK, where they got that recipe from, who knows, probably not Emeril or Bobby Flay.
I ordered linguini with mussels in a white wine sauce.My plate arrived with a mound of linguini in a tomato sauce. I tasted it- the mussels were cold with warm pasta on top. I called the waiter over and inquired as to the sauce. He said "oh, they're so used to making it in the tomato sauce, blah blah blah... but I can change it. OK I say, fine. I went to the bathroom and then outside for a few minutes to let the steam cool down in my head. I come back to the table and sit down and dig in. I'm famished. It had NO salt, I could taste NO seasonings whatsoever- no salt, no garlic, it was swimming in water- I could not taste wine, lemon- NOTHING. The mussels- some were undercooked. It was just awful. A 15 year old could cook better. I ate some of it because I was starving. The dish should have included bread- for dipping- it did not. I had one piece left over from what we asked for along with the fish dip.
Lastly, the bill was $81 and change. I put $100 in 5 $20 bills in the folder along with the check. 5 minutes later, the waiter comes back and says the bill was $81 and I only gave him $80. I said I'm sure I gave you $100, but I had no way to prove it. I should have counted out the cash when he took the folder. So they screwed me even further. I left him NO tip. I think he knew I was pissed, so he figured he'll pull this little scam and get his money one way or the other. If I could rate this joint less than 1 star I would.
Casablanca SUCKS in every possible way! Stay away!!! The absolute WORST!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

choose the outside tables, inside is nice but noisy. All the seafood was very nice presented, and tasty.

Visited April 2014