“Great Fritters and Stew” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #165 of 3,622 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Conch Heaven provides its customers with the best in Bahamian Dishes such as conch salad, conch fritters, boiled and stew fish, johnny cake just to name a few. Other seafood include shrimp, fried crabs and various types of fish
Fort Worth, TX
“Great Fritters and Stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a brief stop over in Miami we decided to do a light lunch at Conch Heaven on our way to the airport. The fritters were very good (a dozen for $6), but I really liked the Stew Conch. I have no idea how they could put so much conch in one dish. Probably a 1/2 lb of conch in a bowl for $12....and it was excellent!

Would have preferred a sweet and spicy sauce to go with the fritters, but their house sauce was good and a hit with the kids.

The restaurant was rough around the edges, but the waitress was quite pleasant and the service pretty quick. And we did get a few "are these white folks lost?" looks from the other patrons, but it was all good and no reason for alarm. I did expect it though since we were going to a local's place and not to a TGI-McFunsters.

We will definitely go again when we have more time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband is originally from fortlauderdale but currently live in NC. When he comes home to visit we frequently visit another conch restaurant in Miami that's closed on Sundays. So on Sunday I went on line and found Conch Heaven and the food was great! I have found me a better conch house. I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The right name for this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have eaten Conch in Jamaica. Every time I go to Caribbean islands or coastal locations, I am looking for good Conch places to eat. So, I figured Miami would have a good place. We went to another place who claimed to have Conch, but unbelievably, they did not. Although Conch is a seasonal food, Conch Heaven had everything!!! Anyhow, I spent 10 days in Miami with family, who convened there from different cities/states. We all took turns picking different restaurants to eat, and I ultimately chose Conch Heaven on the 9th day. After eating there, we all agreed it was the best food we had eaten while visiting Miami!!! The service was outstanding and the taste of the food was parallel to the service. Our server was named Cherise and she was excellent and very informative for others in our party. When I return to Miami, Conch Heaven will be my first stop hands down!!!

• Visited December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best Bahamian restaurant in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I love this place, my girlfriend and I go all the time. We live in Fort Lauderdale and never mind the drive as the food, the staff and the entire atmosphere is always worth the trip. Where else in South Florida can you get fresh conch that's not previously frozen, a Kalik beer and other Bahamian treats. Some Saturdays they have a friendly domino game going on and everyone is welcomed to play. The food is great and not expensive considering the amount of food they give you. Anyone that goes there will fall in love with this Island gem in the heart of Miami.

• Visited April 2013
“I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I will never get tired of their food. I love this place!!! They have great customer service skills. They food is fresh. Neve had to worry about eating leftovers. Fast service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Conch Heaven? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Conch Heaven, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.