“JUST WATCH MY VIDEO OF THIS HOLE” 1 of 5 stars

Motel Blu
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7700 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #101 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Vancouver, Canada
“JUST WATCH MY VIDEO OF THIS HOLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The “room” was disgusting, the carpet was so wet you could see your footprints, one of the beds had urine stains, the “office chair” appeared to be covered in cocaine, the other bed had sheets on it that were not clean. In the bathroom was a bar of soap so old the wrapper had turned black and no towels fortunately there was a roll of toilet paper.

You be the judge

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nik3323

Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had to cancel this hotel booking because of the winter storm on the east coast, which cancelled all flights in general. I have tried calling this hotel MULTIPLE times. The phone number doesn't even have a message stating that it BELONGS to a hotel. I left 4 different messages to talk to them about the cancellation and asking them to NOT charge me a night stay (per the policy)_, as I was did not know I would not be able to get there. I have yet to receive a return call. A guest should be able to contact the hotel at ANY point in time. For example, they say they offer shuttle service from the hotel - but how would a guest arrange for that if you cannot even call them?

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the worst experience of my life. My husband and I were traveling and needed a room for the night. Saw online that this place provided shuttle to and from the hotel (since removed) and the pictures seemed decent. After calling to request shuttle pick-up was rudely told that they don't provide that service. After asking for refund, they denied. We ended up taking a $35 ride to the is disgusting place. I asked to speak to the manager and the rude lady said he wasn't there. When I asked for his name and # she said she didn't know it. I was ready to spend extra money to get another room somewhere else just by the lack of customer service but my husband convinced me that we already spent the money so we may as well stay. My story only gets worse when we get to the room. This room so nasty, I almost cried and begged my husband to leave. After much consoling and reassurance, we stayed in this filthy room. I slept with my clothes on and barely got much rest due to watching out for bugs and rodents. I couldn't even take a shower the bathroom was so gross. I was so happy when it was time to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stacy O
Oxford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place has no right to be called a hotel! I don't know how much disrespect you should have to yourself to run this place like this. I would really like to meet the owner and to see what kind of people run places like this. This place is horrible! The room was so dirty that we had to sleep in our clothes. There is no bathtub, just a primitive shower that will give you fungus immediately. One dirty towel was provided for two people. There is no heater in the room, though Miami still gets some cold days in winter. And there are cockroaches everywhere. Staff is another big issue here. *Unfriendly* is not enough word to describe it, they are just rude, and they don't speak English well enough to work there. This place should be either renovated complitely, or eliminated. People are just mislead and confused by the pictures on the Internet, don't be, it's not like that. It's a shame, not a hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The owner is very polite and helped me with maps and directions, he was a great guy. its so easy to always take the negatives but my time here was great. People must understand if you want to stay on south beach in a 5 star hotel then you have to pay for it. This hotel is just out of town and 75% cheaper than most hotels on the beach. Its also an easy bus ride down to south beach. Rooms were clean and had a tv which was fine for what I was looking for. They have a lovely pool and parking was fine. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again next time I come to Miami

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Absolutely horrible experience with this Motel. They ripped me off! They refuse to answer their phone and refuse to provide a receipt!!! This was business travel so not providing a receipt after charging my PERSONAL account is stealing from me! ALSO, they are 30% cheaper on Orbitz than Travelocity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Rodeway inn Miami
#92 of 120 in Miami
2.5 of 5 stars 28 reviews
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
AAE Miami Beach Lombardy Hotel
#178 of 207 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 209 reviews

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!