“Spoke to soon” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“Spoke to soon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Well I gave them an OK review but that same night my car got broken into . They have gated parking but never close the gate .
The staff were just helpful and police were not interested. Surveillance video shows the crime as the guys in the car cased the place and new to break into our truck (even with tinted windows and 2 dark bags)bags were more emotional than valuable.
Place needs a facelift ,staff needs personality adjustment.
I tried to change my review straight away but had to wait 3 months
SORRY TO ALL

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me start off by saying that we are not particularly picky people. When we go on vacation we have things to do and usually go to the hotel only to sleep and shower. Which is why we are usually very relaxed when it comes to choosing a hotel. Our only requirements usually are location, budget and safety. None of which were fulfilled by Motel Blu.

This place is a total ripoff! The pictures are 100% false advertising. This place might have looked like it does in those pictures at some point, but it has not had any maintenance for a while and it shows. The area where its located is a terrible neighborhood, dodgy, and unsafe. There were really shady people and bums walking around at all hours and particularly at night. Every time we left our room I felt like I needed to take everything valuable with me. When we arrived the hallway to our room was littered with thrash bags and spilled thrash. DISGUSTING.

The actual room was HORRIBLE, dirty, moldy and dingy. The curtains were torn, nasty and barely covered the window. The lamp in the room had NO LIGHT BULB. The remote didn't work. The air conditioner had big gaps all around it, we had to leave the air on the whole time just to keep the room cool. And there wasn't even a phone in the room to call down to the lobby. The pillows were so thin and over used that we had to stack them. We had no towels on the first day, and when we asked for some we were told that they had a problem with the laundry and to check the room later. When we did receive our towels they were small and veryyyy thin.

Parking was free but limited, we arrived late after a night out and had to park on the side of the street, which they considered part of their parking lot, but it was still on the street. Needless to say, I spent all night worrying about my car. The so-called "continental breakfast" consisted of bagels and donuts, there was a rusty toaster in the lobby which we didn't even go near.

I WOULD NOT recommend this to ANYONE! If you are looking to save money there are plenty of places in Miami that would at least be clean and safe. In the end, that is all you can hope for in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Nany1216
Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good location, at Biscayne Blvd near Bayside, downtown Miami and Beach.
The breakfast is terrible. The rooms are just regular. Not so clean. I had some problems with AC. Our room got flooded all our stay at the motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bogota, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The carpet of the room was totally disgusting, it was stained, totally dirty. The worst thing was the bathroom, it looks horrible! In the shower, the curtain doesn´t cover the total lenght and height, so the water comes out, the bathroom flooded every time you take a shower!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Location is good. The main problem in the room was the toilet, it is in a regular condition, the curtain in the shower is too short and the water comes out every time you take a shower and you have to use sandals all the time because the carpet is totally disgusting. The toilet was not clean during our stay and furniture is very old. Good attention from staff, the wireless did not work properly. Breakfast is a lie, just bread and coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Front of office can't get there crap together and give us the wrong room, not in anyway shape or form is it clean. I to can spray nice smelly air freshener to cover the smell of a turd but that doesn't stop it from being a turd

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Booked via hotels for you online and stayed for 4 nights. The room was average and some bulbs had gone in the room. There was a TV in the room and a Wi-Fi service was available. There was no telephone in the room so you had to continually go to the reception area anytime you require any services. The receptionist was continually on the phone and she did not acknowledge my presence. I find this very rude and unacceptable.
Breakfast was a very weak coffee with powdered milk, dried pitta bread and mini muffins. The breakfast area was dirty and staff did not replenish or clean the area regularly. I passed on breakfast after day 1.
One morning, I was woken up at 8.00am by a noisy maintenance guy cleaning the pool area who did not give any consideration to guests sleeping in the motel.
I asked for service cleaning in my room and I received some towels and the bed was made up. Everything else stayed the same. The maintenance guy later walked into my room without knocking even though I (female) had bolted the door from the inside. He saw that I was half dressed and he did not shut the door straight away but continued to say that he thought the room was empty. Courtesy demands that you knock before entering irrespective of whether the room was empty or not. I went to report him to the receptionist who was nonchalant about the whole incident and said to me she would inform the proprietor. Nothing was said or done after the incident.
On checkout day, the cleaner was constantly knocking on my door from 10.30am asking what time i intend to leave the motel. When I said noon, she went to report me to the maintenance guy who gave half an hour to leave or else.....
This is one of the poorest and inadequate services I have ever received in the USA.

Room Tip: Non existent. Dont book a room in the Motel - FULL STOP.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Rodeway inn Miami
Motel Bianco
Motel Bianco
#86 of 120 in Miami
3.0 of 5 stars 408 reviews

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!