“Basic for a budget trip” 3 of 5 stars

Motel Blu
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7700 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #114 of 130 hotels in Miami
Melbourne, Australia
“Basic for a budget trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Location is good. The main problem in the room was the toilet, it is in a regular condition, the curtain in the shower is too short and the water comes out every time you take a shower and you have to use sandals all the time because the carpet is totally disgusting. The toilet was not clean during our stay and furniture is very old. Good attention from staff, the wireless did not work properly. Breakfast is a lie, just bread and coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Front of office can't get there crap together and give us the wrong room, not in anyway shape or form is it clean. I to can spray nice smelly air freshener to cover the smell of a turd but that doesn't stop it from being a turd

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Booked via hotels for you online and stayed for 4 nights. The room was average and some bulbs had gone in the room. There was a TV in the room and a Wi-Fi service was available. There was no telephone in the room so you had to continually go to the reception area anytime you require any services. The receptionist was continually on the phone and she did not acknowledge my presence. I find this very rude and unacceptable.
Breakfast was a very weak coffee with powdered milk, dried pitta bread and mini muffins. The breakfast area was dirty and staff did not replenish or clean the area regularly. I passed on breakfast after day 1.
One morning, I was woken up at 8.00am by a noisy maintenance guy cleaning the pool area who did not give any consideration to guests sleeping in the motel.
I asked for service cleaning in my room and I received some towels and the bed was made up. Everything else stayed the same. The maintenance guy later walked into my room without knocking even though I (female) had bolted the door from the inside. He saw that I was half dressed and he did not shut the door straight away but continued to say that he thought the room was empty. Courtesy demands that you knock before entering irrespective of whether the room was empty or not. I went to report him to the receptionist who was nonchalant about the whole incident and said to me she would inform the proprietor. Nothing was said or done after the incident.
On checkout day, the cleaner was constantly knocking on my door from 10.30am asking what time i intend to leave the motel. When I said noon, she went to report me to the maintenance guy who gave half an hour to leave or else.....
This is one of the poorest and inadequate services I have ever received in the USA.

Room Tip: Non existent. Dont book a room in the Motel - FULL STOP.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge Ontario Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked 2 nights at Motel Blu Feb.15 &16, 2013. I e-mailed and phoned explainingm that we would be arriving about 6:30 am on the 16th and would expect a room as we reserved for 2 nights. we were 4 sharing a room.
When we arrived we were told we didn't book properly. I showed my confirmation and the clerk said she would accommodate us in 2 separate rooms and we would have to move by 9:30 into a room for 4. We asked when checkout time was and were advised 11 am. We were wakened at 9:30 and told to move. I asked "to where"? No reply. I went back to bed. They came back at 10. Same thing.
Our friends woke us at 12:30 mas they had moved at 9:30 into the larger room but couldn't sleep. Again staff told us we were lucky to be accommodated.
I believe they rented out our room to collect the fee twice. Whether that is management policy or unscrupulous staff, I can't say.
When we requested they book a taxi to the cruise port thee next morning, the night clerk told us the phone number we had didn't serve our area. She called another who said they wouldn't come before 11 because it was too early. She did say 4 people with 4 suitcases.
He arrived at 10:45 with the same make of car that brought us from the airport but for some reason the luggage wouldn't fit. We suggested that it was his cousin at the desk, which he denied ut offered to go home and get his. Could it have been the sight of 2 other guests standing at the curb with luggage? He offered to go get his van and return. Which he and then charged us all $9 (6 of us) because now he is a shuttle and not a metered taxi ( which should have been $21 according to taxi fare.com
This place should be avoided at all cost!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hallandale Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for a week. Mattresses were filty. Towels were very thin. Never received any service because I didn't want anyone in my room to reduce the chance of getting something stolen. Pool and pool area was clean. Lobby had free coffee available. Enough parking available. Wifi signal was good. Average value for a 1 star motel.

• Stayed March 2013
Bega
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not worth even opening this page to look at this horrible hotel. Was in a very dodgy area, 2 taxi drivers told us to be safe and stay aware as the area was so unsafe. It is also a $25-$30 taxi ride to Miami Beach or South Beach so you are better spending the extra money on a better hotel closer to the beach. We stayed for one horrible night then left first thing the next morning although we had booked for 5 nights. We went to a new hotel walking distance from the beach for only $30 more a night (worth it when you consider the $60 taxi fare round trip). Breakfast was chocolate covered donuts, and pita bread, not that we ate it, I just saw them on the way out of there. We are not fussy about decor nor does anything have to be modern, but it wasn't the state of the room alone that made us leave (although the window wouldn't close/lock and the floor was dirty) but it was the fact that our room wasn't secure and it felt like every time you stepped out the door, everyone was watching you and your possessions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Yes the pictures are deceiving . We arrived after a long day and the room was not ready even thou front desk thought it was .The rooms have been renovated per say . good space lil fridge ,sink ,bathroom not bad . However fans and air cons are hit or miss . does have a pool and parking . Staff lacking in personality and sense of urgency . Motel has HUGE potential but guess landlord is in it ONLY for the money as its very busy ($101. plus tax anight on expedia ) .
I own a house 4 streets away (rented ) the Neighborhood is not as dangerous as people say but it always pays to be vigilant with your safety. Dont think I would stay here again but I have stayed in worse places

Room Tip: Away from the road as it is BISCAYNE blvd
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!