“Nightmare...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 129 hotels in Miami
Chesterton, Indiana
“Nightmare...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pics are very deceiving...had delayed flight arrived at 2 am bad neighborhood, taxi driver didn't want to leave us. No one was in office had to walk around asking where the office person was...well he was upstairs chasing a mouse in one of the rooms. He continued talking to people who LIVE there and left us standing outside with our luggage for another 30 minutes. When we walked in the room I was in tears, was afraid to lay down! 3 flat pillows on the king size bed, broken blinds, broken closet door wouldn't open & close without manually being picked up and moved, 1 working lamp out of 3 with like a 25 watt bulb, no remote, no wash clothes, broken ceiling fan, 1/2 roll of toilet paper (for a 2 day stay). Pic window didn't have a curtin some kinda material thrown over the rod with houses below window. No resturant, drinks, nothing but a pool and a pop machine (no ice). Neighborhood was to shady to feel safe enough to get in the pool...local guys sitting by pool drinking beer. Gentlemans club next door...we actually barricaded our door at night...bathroon was the only room that looked like it did in the pics. This place other then the bathroom hasn't had any work done since the 60's for sure. I verified my shuttle to the port on two differant occasions and when we went to wait, it never came so we had to have the person at the desk call again, she acted very irritated with us that she had to make the call...I give everything the benefit of a doubt but this was really bad..if there was anyway possible we could have left we certainly would have it was a very uncomfortable, scary stay! Good Luck in your search, if you want an enjoyable stay this isn't the place for you!!! Pay the price and go to a name you can trust, I know I will...Lesson Learned!!! At the airport the taxi company never heard of Motel Blu...there's your sign...lol...This is an actual Motel that people pay rent by the week and live there...blankets over the windows...ugggggg

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are seeking for a clean, safe and simple place to stay I can advice you Motel Blu. I spent week overthere (work congress). Every day rooms are cleaned. The motel is situatd central along the Biscayne road ca. 20 minutes cycing to the beach. I spent a week cycling from Motel Blu. Breakfast is simple, but the room has a mag and a fridge. Also is located near little river Canal were you can sea the sea cows (manatees) swimming. The neighbourhood is very friendly and they are used to cyclist commuting. In all an excellent place to stay when visiting Miami! Dr Kenneth..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I can't begin to list all the reasons - NEVER to stay at this place - but let me make a start

The person at check-in was situated behind a bullet proof screen, which struck me as odd....until I began to notice several young women wearing highly provocative clothing checking in....sans luggage....accompanied by male companions who had obviously just walked off the set of a zombie movie....oh did I mention the trash floating in the unheated swimming pool, that was a nice touch...Pity the poor Euro backpackers who were begging for their money back, after a long haul flight so they could they could find somewhere else....while the person at the desk was laughing in their faces.....oh yes....the free 'continental breakfast'....let me digress to give you some context. I've lived in Europe for over 20 years, so am pretty familiar with what you would normally expect here.....the motel blu version was some mangy bits of white bread, disgusting bathwater like coffee and small dough balls covered in sugar, which I wouldn't feed to a starving animal....On the seedy scale this was a Spinal Tap 11.....our room had previously been broken into as there were loose wooden splinters all around the door lock.....Next door to a night club where.....literally the worst place I think I ever stayed in my whole life.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This motel was disgusting and filthy. The carpet was dirty and we had to but our own sheets and comforters to sleep comfortably. There was no curtain on the back window which was the side of the building where the sun rose in the mornings. The bathroom wall had a hole in it. The bathroom sink/cabinet was peeled away from the wall. The toilet paper wasn't on the holder. The bath tub was filthy and the shower head was mildewed. We had to put a towel around the shower head in hopes of filtering the nastiness out. There were mismatched hangers in the closet - 1 from the cleaners, 1 was a pants hanger from a department store, and 1 was a silk/cushioned hanger. The neighborhood was dangerous as well. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went there for a night and never again

They played music outside until 11.30pm the room was terrible seriously go somewhere else...

They took 20 minutes just to find my reservation, in the morning a baby from a man made there was crying with the opened door.

i was ther befor and it was better they must be changed the manager

Room Tip: Go closer to Miami on US 1 RTE
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Booked this " motel" after reading how it had been refurbished, free parking and wifi. My wife, son and myself fancied a day in Miami, so booked for the night of 29 Oct 2012 and travelled down from Kissimmee via St.Petes (390miles) so I was looking forward to a nice meal in the refurbished restaurant and a drink at the bar. We arrived at 7pm, and the area looked rundown with a beggar on the street corner, and what looked like a pimp arguing with his property in the car park! The girl in reception, didn't seem to give a damn and I had to tell her what sort of room I had booked. We walked through the foyer past people arguing on the phone to our room. The room only had 1 lamp working, smelt damp, the furniture was filthy and old. The bathroom floor and wall tiles were cracked and broken, there were cigarette burns all over the sink and the sink itself was coming away from the wall, the bath was filthy and the tiles covered in soap scum. However, this was nothing compared to the toilet, which was not secured to the wall and was at a 45 deg to the wall. The door to our room looked like someone had tried to force it in the past! We did not feel safe at all due to the amount of shouting and noise going on, so we decided to leave, when we told the receptionist she had the same "don't give a toss attitude" as when we booked in! My wife did not feel safe enough to stay in this area, so I drove back to Orlando, another 200 miles. My advice is do not under any circumstances stay in this flop house, it is totally the opposite to what it says in it's own write up! I know it is a budget hotel, but there is budget and there is budget and this is rock bottom!

Room Tip: Sleep on the streets it's cleaner and probably safer!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A pleasant stay for business or passing thru. Room is clean and decent. And using lunch or diner. Do IT. Very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!