“miami nice!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 130 hotels in Miami
A TripAdvisor Member
“miami nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The motel was ok but have stayed in better.It lacked a few of the niceties I expect from Miami motels,which I have used extensively these past two decades.The pool facilities were fine but the room window blind didnt work,the lights were too dim and the keyboard of the motels computer,which we would have liked to use if only to book in online for the return flight.The flight home was packed and we felt very cramped.Having flown out on a 747 we returned on an airbus.The food on both flights was poor and I will be unlikely to use Virgin again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Port-au-Prince, Ht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This motel was better than expected since I knew I was going to stay at a motel, I thought that mant cheap service and miserable rooms, but that wasn't the case. The rooms have recently been rnovated, they are clean and nice, nice decoration and brand new beautiful bathrooms. Though the wi-fi is only available at the lobby and around the pool area and there are no phones, you have the option of using the front desk phone at no charge. It is close to nearly eveything you need. Wal Mart, K-mart, restaurants and malls such as the Aventura Mall which is about a 15- minute drive away. My rating would be an 8.5 on 10. I stayed there almost a week and only paid $72/night and I got the bang for my buck. If you are looking for a longer than 5 days stay in a nice but simple little hotel at low prices, I would suggest Motel Blu.

Room Tip: After booking online, when you get to the front desk make sure they give you the type of room you re...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Excellent value. Clean. Staff friendly. Ok not the best area, but the price made upfor it. If you get reception to call you a cab. Ask forthe guy who has the white people carrier. You will not be dissapointed. Trust Me...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Two friends and I planned to stay here for two nights while we were in miami for the week. We were suppose to stay with a friend but realised we couldnt. The motel was very friendly and accomodating. We need to stay extra nights last minute and the staff helped us out, We ended up there for the whole week. The rooms werent the best but good enough. There was air conditioner and a fridge. It was perfect. I highly recommand this place if your looking for a cheap place to stay. We went out in south beach every night it was only a 20 dollar cab ride! If thats too much take the bus for 2 bucks. Great place!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

At first i was a little worried about the area, but soon figured out that arriving at 3 am and having no idea where to go and it being our first time in Miami. Any place would make you worried. We had a huge room which was super clean and we were nice and tucked away at the end so very quiet. Once we were out and about in the day the area was wonderful with so many amazing little restaurants all over the place. The pool was super clean and had many beds to relax on. The hotel staff was so friendly and im really sorry i forgot to write down the gentlemen's name that was at the front desk during our stay there. He was amazing. So friendly and able to help us with any questions and he also ordered us the coolest Cab ever one night. A mobile DJ. If we return to miami next year for WMC we will 100% stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

My experience formy 2 night stay is that you pay for what you get. I did not spend much time inside the place so I was ok with my room and the atmosphere. But here is a list of what I encountered:

-wifi connectivity in my room was intermittent. By the pool side is fine.
-my towels and garbage were removed but the towels were never replaced and no garbage bag was restored.
-ceiling fan light was out, and there was no bulb in on desk lamp. The other desk lamp was functional but my room was dark.
-shower head was loose and I was afraid I would pull it off when I needed to adjust it.
-I had to hold the toilet handle down for like 5 seconds for a complete flush. And that flush was slow.
-no chair or table to do computer work so I had to do it all from my bed, not good for my back.
-the bed was fine. A/c ran great.
-pop music played all day into the night. The speaker is located over the pool. It is turned off overnight. The sound from my a/c allowed me to sleep through that music.

Stayed April 2012
Norwalk, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Made the reservation expecting minimal. Called ahead to confirm pool was working. Checked internet for nearby Starbucks, IHOP and Dennys restaraunts. Very good Cuban Restaraunt around corner. Used Local bus for all transportation. Stops 100 yards away. 30 minutes to South Beach activities. Definately a 2 star place.Room was orderly. Towels are thin. Bathroom was clear. TV/cable/WIFI worked.. "Breakfast" was minimal. No room amenities (Iron, table, etc). We booked this place for savings. Spent entire days out of the room. Used for sleeping mainly. Knew this ahead of schedule. Booked a beach front hotel for last night with all the expenses. Speant less for Tijuana Hotels. This was better. Okay for one or two night. Expect minimal. Plusses, allowed us to check our bags early as we explored City. Next door is an "upscale" strip club. Bar/restaraunt name is "Re Light" (Did not visit). Market about 2 blocks away. Motel Seis quality. Have a good time in town.

Room Tip: Was exhausted. Night use of pool did not bother me. Room pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!