“Fun Filled” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 130 hotels in Miami
Burlington
“Fun Filled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Two friends and I planned to stay here for two nights while we were in miami for the week. We were suppose to stay with a friend but realised we couldnt. The motel was very friendly and accomodating. We need to stay extra nights last minute and the staff helped us out, We ended up there for the whole week. The rooms werent the best but good enough. There was air conditioner and a fridge. It was perfect. I highly recommand this place if your looking for a cheap place to stay. We went out in south beach every night it was only a 20 dollar cab ride! If thats too much take the bus for 2 bucks. Great place!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

At first i was a little worried about the area, but soon figured out that arriving at 3 am and having no idea where to go and it being our first time in Miami. Any place would make you worried. We had a huge room which was super clean and we were nice and tucked away at the end so very quiet. Once we were out and about in the day the area was wonderful with so many amazing little restaurants all over the place. The pool was super clean and had many beds to relax on. The hotel staff was so friendly and im really sorry i forgot to write down the gentlemen's name that was at the front desk during our stay there. He was amazing. So friendly and able to help us with any questions and he also ordered us the coolest Cab ever one night. A mobile DJ. If we return to miami next year for WMC we will 100% stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

My experience formy 2 night stay is that you pay for what you get. I did not spend much time inside the place so I was ok with my room and the atmosphere. But here is a list of what I encountered:

-wifi connectivity in my room was intermittent. By the pool side is fine.
-my towels and garbage were removed but the towels were never replaced and no garbage bag was restored.
-ceiling fan light was out, and there was no bulb in on desk lamp. The other desk lamp was functional but my room was dark.
-shower head was loose and I was afraid I would pull it off when I needed to adjust it.
-I had to hold the toilet handle down for like 5 seconds for a complete flush. And that flush was slow.
-no chair or table to do computer work so I had to do it all from my bed, not good for my back.
-the bed was fine. A/c ran great.
-pop music played all day into the night. The speaker is located over the pool. It is turned off overnight. The sound from my a/c allowed me to sleep through that music.

Stayed April 2012
Norwalk, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Made the reservation expecting minimal. Called ahead to confirm pool was working. Checked internet for nearby Starbucks, IHOP and Dennys restaraunts. Very good Cuban Restaraunt around corner. Used Local bus for all transportation. Stops 100 yards away. 30 minutes to South Beach activities. Definately a 2 star place.Room was orderly. Towels are thin. Bathroom was clear. TV/cable/WIFI worked.. "Breakfast" was minimal. No room amenities (Iron, table, etc). We booked this place for savings. Spent entire days out of the room. Used for sleeping mainly. Knew this ahead of schedule. Booked a beach front hotel for last night with all the expenses. Speant less for Tijuana Hotels. This was better. Okay for one or two night. Expect minimal. Plusses, allowed us to check our bags early as we explored City. Next door is an "upscale" strip club. Bar/restaraunt name is "Re Light" (Did not visit). Market about 2 blocks away. Motel Seis quality. Have a good time in town.

Room Tip: Was exhausted. Night use of pool did not bother me. Room pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My family had reservations on March 07, 2012. I have never seen such a disgusting motel in my life as this one!!! The first room we were given. The door looked like it was kicked a few times. My grandson who is six said to me mom-mom, there is mold in the bath tub. I know if we stayed there we could not even take out shoes off and walk on the carpet! We complained and was transfered to another room which was not much better!! There needs to be a major face lift the this hotel if we would ever consider staying there!!! We went to another hotel needless to say....................I think no one should stay at this hotel and it should be shut down!!!

Room Tip: Just do not stay at this hotel. I could not even rate this hotel. It is in the minus.........
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Went to Miami last min trip for my 23rd birthday with no hotel book or anything planned searched an searched for hotels an motels only to find rediculous prices for its worth. Ran across Motel BLU number an called awaiting for them to tell me a crazy price for a motel they did the opposite the owner, Chris asked me how long of my stay an price range he gave me a great deal an worked his magic. Invited us to take a look around an we were sold.
pros: spacious room an walkin shower
great pool
SELF CONTROLLED AC
15- 20 min away from South Beach with an without traffic
helpful and accommodating staff
great night life surrounding

con: breakfast mostly just dounuts an coffee little things " someone out there would love it "
its better than a regular motel jus its not a 5star hotel over all great stay great service, THANKS AGAIN CHRIS

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

the worst Motel I've ever seen in my life..........
Bathroom ceiling was leaking
Dirty room sheets were stained
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!