“Could have been better, but the price says it all.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Motel Blu to your Saves list
Motel Blu
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7700 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #115 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Could have been better, but the price says it all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

My experience formy 2 night stay is that you pay for what you get. I did not spend much time inside the place so I was ok with my room and the atmosphere. But here is a list of what I encountered:

-wifi connectivity in my room was intermittent. By the pool side is fine.
-my towels and garbage were removed but the towels were never replaced and no garbage bag was restored.
-ceiling fan light was out, and there was no bulb in on desk lamp. The other desk lamp was functional but my room was dark.
-shower head was loose and I was afraid I would pull it off when I needed to adjust it.
-I had to hold the toilet handle down for like 5 seconds for a complete flush. And that flush was slow.
-no chair or table to do computer work so I had to do it all from my bed, not good for my back.
-the bed was fine. A/c ran great.
-pop music played all day into the night. The speaker is located over the pool. It is turned off overnight. The sound from my a/c allowed me to sleep through that music.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Norwalk, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Made the reservation expecting minimal. Called ahead to confirm pool was working. Checked internet for nearby Starbucks, IHOP and Dennys restaraunts. Very good Cuban Restaraunt around corner. Used Local bus for all transportation. Stops 100 yards away. 30 minutes to South Beach activities. Definately a 2 star place.Room was orderly. Towels are thin. Bathroom was clear. TV/cable/WIFI worked.. "Breakfast" was minimal. No room amenities (Iron, table, etc). We booked this place for savings. Spent entire days out of the room. Used for sleeping mainly. Knew this ahead of schedule. Booked a beach front hotel for last night with all the expenses. Speant less for Tijuana Hotels. This was better. Okay for one or two night. Expect minimal. Plusses, allowed us to check our bags early as we explored City. Next door is an "upscale" strip club. Bar/restaraunt name is "Re Light" (Did not visit). Market about 2 blocks away. Motel Seis quality. Have a good time in town.

Room Tip: Was exhausted. Night use of pool did not bother me. Room pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My family had reservations on March 07, 2012. I have never seen such a disgusting motel in my life as this one!!! The first room we were given. The door looked like it was kicked a few times. My grandson who is six said to me mom-mom, there is mold in the bath tub. I know if we stayed there we could not even take out shoes off and walk on the carpet! We complained and was transfered to another room which was not much better!! There needs to be a major face lift the this hotel if we would ever consider staying there!!! We went to another hotel needless to say....................I think no one should stay at this hotel and it should be shut down!!!

Room Tip: Just do not stay at this hotel. I could not even rate this hotel. It is in the minus.........
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Went to Miami last min trip for my 23rd birthday with no hotel book or anything planned searched an searched for hotels an motels only to find rediculous prices for its worth. Ran across Motel BLU number an called awaiting for them to tell me a crazy price for a motel they did the opposite the owner, Chris asked me how long of my stay an price range he gave me a great deal an worked his magic. Invited us to take a look around an we were sold.
pros: spacious room an walkin shower
great pool
SELF CONTROLLED AC
15- 20 min away from South Beach with an without traffic
helpful and accommodating staff
great night life surrounding

con: breakfast mostly just dounuts an coffee little things " someone out there would love it "
its better than a regular motel jus its not a 5star hotel over all great stay great service, THANKS AGAIN CHRIS

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

the worst Motel I've ever seen in my life..........
Bathroom ceiling was leaking
Dirty room sheets were stained
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great price for an ok room. This room was a little dated but it did have some modern features. You get a great location for a even better price. The room was clean and no problems with it at all. Beds were comfortable and firm.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
N. California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Tricked into this place by offer of Airport and cruise terminal shuttle. Big mistake. WE had our choice of 2 rooms , both dirty, ill equipped; 2nd floor near noisy bar, street or 3rd floor with a drape that would not cover the window. No elevator, no one to help with luggage,no phone. Wife managed to cover window with a blanket as threadbare small towels would not do the trick.
I cannot begin to describe the area,but be locked in your room before dark. Everything said in the prior negative reviews is true. The 5 star rating is either a plant or the person is from a third world country village. This motel is not for travelers, but seems to be for long term itinerant or hourly customers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!