“Great experience for an affordable price” 5 of 5 stars

You added Motel Blu to your Saves list
Motel Blu
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7700 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #114 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Great experience for an affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011 via mobile

Stay at motel Blu a day before my cruise, and wow what an experience. I arrived late night on a Saturday, security guard was awesome night guy was also very nice and helpful. Room was nice and clean with an amazing aroma,pool was nice and clean restaurant was great. Will most likely come back next year for our next cruise. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed May 2011

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

FIRST, The Area is soiled with prostitutes. Second, they have no decent parking for the guests because the place next door is contracted out and valet parks for a nudy bar. Third,, the price is a joke. It's not $55.00 it's $80.00. They use the weekened as a premise why? What a joke. And if it was $55.00 it's not worth it. No cable tv; no soap; dirty hand towles and bath towels. I caught the maid placing a used sheet I had just slept on the night before back on my bed to use. When asked about it , she said her boss told her if there are no stains, such as visibile use reuse. Another maid I encountered a (male) supervisor rude.was very nasty. Check out time is 11:00 AM. He doesn't knock he bangs on your door at 10:00AM. This Motel has no phone in the room. Therefore,, when I needed something we had to walk down stairs (no elevator's) and outside to ask. But, why should a guest have ask for soap, clean sheets, and clean towels????? keep your family away from this dirty place. I reported their sheet issues with the health department..I hope I did not get any rashes or diseases.

Room Tip: Stay in Ft Laud or Miami airport.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Welcome_to_Motel_Blu, Manager at Motel Blu, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Let me start off by thanking you for choosing Motel Blu for your room accommodations. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our establishment. Allow me to address some of the issues you encountered: Our parking is free for guests and is not contracted out to any other businesses, we have a valet attendant on site for the patrons of our on site restaurant, so we can assure our Hotel guests have parking. Secondly, the price varies day-to-day always based on availability of rooms, we do not have a set price for weekends, or weekdays. Thirdly, the housekeeping staff is trained to change all linens in the rooms daily, whether the guest will be checking out or not. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I hope I clarified any misunderstanding you may have had during your stay.
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Travelled to Miami for a girls weekend, and found this motel for a good price. Free parking, breakfast, and wi-fi was an added bonus. Not too far from South Beach, but definitely not walking distance. We had a car so it was ok, but the guy at the front desk said we should take the bus since it would be cheaper than parking, and the bus stop is across the street. We hung out by the pool during the day and met a few people there, it seemed to be a busy place, with lots of people from out of the country.
After all is said and done, service was great, rooms were comfortable, and clean, and the price was great. I would recommend this motel to my friends and family, and would definitely stay here again when I come back to Miami.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011 via mobile

i stayed at motel blu for one night at the beginning of may and I loved it. Everybody was friendly and kind. I will definitly go back to motel blu on our next visit to miami.

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you choosing Motel Blu, for your stay in Miami. Motel Blu prides itself on our cleanliness and friendly staff, and I am glad you had the opportunity to experience them both on your recent stay. I look forward to having you as our guests again on your future trip(s) to Miami.
lethbridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

oh boy.... this hotel... first i want to start out by saying we got this place at a good deal!! and on one of the websites that we looked at it said that there was a phone alarm clock safe blow dryer iron and iron board , im also obbsessed with trip advisor so i was reading reviews with this hotel all the time and the one thing i noticed was the manager would comment on the reviews and say sorry and so on.... welllll i dont think in this case it will matter!! let me start with we phoned them everyday for a week and not on people could answer our simple question and we were even placed on hold for more then 20 mins before being hung up on the total in long distance charges was over 65$ i finally demanded to speak to the manager after arguing on the phone with one guy for 5 mins and the manager was quick to get me off the phone!! how UNPROFESSIONAL could someone be?? .... we finally get there and EKKK the area seemed a little shady but it was ok check in was easy besides the rude girl and we got to our room..... OH MY GOSH!!! i didnt have a phone, no alarm clock, no blow dryer.. NOTHING!! so i went to the front desk and by this time i was beyond mad and i wasnt very nice to the girl and she informed me they do wake up calls and they have a blow dryer to use and you can use their phone when ever you want.... ok after i calmed down it didnt seem so bad i even went and said sorry to the poor girl .. it seemed to be a busy hotel and lots of friendly people we went for a walk and it was actually a nice area.. anyways on the second day we were gone all day to come back to our room not clean, thats ok we didnt mind that night i went to go ask for toilet paper and had to wake the freaking kid up and after 15 mins of trying to get him up he finally got up and was as rude as could be .. like how dare i wake him up!! .. the next day our room still didnt get cleaned so the following day we had to ask the roommaids to clean the room!! that night i had to wait 10 mins for the kid to get of the phone with what sounded to be a buddie and i ask to use the phone , he then says to me uhh we only have one line so make it snappy!!!! WHO SAYS THAT?!?! later on that night i had to go ask him for something once again he was sleeping after a few mins of trying to wake him up i gave up!! PATHETIC!! our room was only cleaned the once, we did get a wake up call he did wake us up , 20 mins late mind ya but he did bang until we answered the door! so yay for that!! ...the beds were good ... we loved the pool and it was very clean, i couldnt tell you about the tv, showers were good , there is a restaurant there people said it was good, the AC worked good... however i will probably never stay there again even if it is the very last hotel in miami!! im not a picky person im always a repeat traveler i stay where i know but in this case , unless the can fix this which i doubt the manager would even care to do so , i will never go there again.... when i got home i found out that my mom had phoned me a number of times (she is a very sick lady) and left messages "with a young man" and i NEVER GOT ON MESSAGE!! if anything would have happened back home and i DIDNT get my messages how would they even begin to explain that?!?! ...if anyone has questions please feel free to ask and i will answer as honest as i can!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Stillwater, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Prostitutes working and walking around, rooms can be rented by the hour, saw a syringe on the balcony. Promptly left and found another hotel. It's in a terrible neighbourhood, people walking through traffic begging for money. Did not feel safe at all.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Let me assure you and our future guests that we do not rent rooms on an hourly basis. Our guests come from all over the world, and we keep our standards in tact with their expectations. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our guestrooms, as you left based on the neighborhood not being to your liking. Our area has recently been designated the Historic MiMo (Miami Modern) District, and has undergone many changes, and is still undergoing many more. I hope on your next visit to Miami you will give our guestrooms, restaurant, pool, and other amenities a chance.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I booked 2 nights here for Spring Break and ended up getting put in the wrong room. The room was small with only one bed when I was supposed to be in a room with two beds. At night the front parking lot is used to valet cars from a club next door forcing resident of the motel to park behind the building in the ghetto. The staff isnt very pleasant and they dont have any managers available on the weekends to assist with issues. This was one of the worst motels ive ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!