“DON'T DO IT!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Saarbrücken
“DON'T DO IT!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

We booked this "hotel" via hotwire and got a direct confirmation for the room. After searching for the hotel (there is no sign at all!), we searched unsuccessfully for the front desk. No front desk = no check-in,just a number to call (kind of expensive with an European cellphone). Noone picked up the phone for over 90minutes. After waisting tons of cellphone credit, we had to convince the not so friendly person at the other line, that we reserved a room and that we have a confirmation from hotwire. We called 15 times!!!!!not willing to give up as we already paid for the room. THe hotwire-helpline finally arranged, that the hotel office assistant finally found her way to the hotel. Well, she found the way to the hotel 3.5 hours after our arrival!!!!!!!! It was just UNBELIEVABLE! And then she even had the nerve to offer us an already used hotel room. TOO INAPPREHENSIBLE FOR WORDS. We finally fled and let hotwire take care of the problem. At least the hotwire-helpline people were nice and helped us to find an upgraded hotel after we wasted over 4 hours of our limited time in miami!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

new york, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The pictures are misleading. they have renovated maybe one or two rooms. the rest are a disaster. we were told, upon checking in, that he indian creek site was full. we had specifically requested this site. they sent us to their sister site on harding avenue, assuring us it was just as nice. the room was a warren of small nooks and crannies and completely filthy. cockroaches in the sink and a dead mouse in the middle of the "bedroom". oh and no air conditioning. when i confronted the receptionist she admitted that only a few rooms are renovated and that the owners post pics of only the handful of rooms which are done. when i returned to my car there were 2 guys trying to break in! we chased them off and i wonder now if they were not "working" for this crooked outfit.
in a nutshell if you value your health and safety avoid this dump at all costs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel/boutiques to anyone. I booked it through the website www.hrs.com on the day when I wanted a room there. It was a "guaranteed" booking. It said, the desk would be occupied until 10pm. When I arrived at the location at around 6pm, nobody was around. They tagged two telephone numbers to dial for check-in. My fourth call was responded. The girl was surprised to hear someone who wants to check in, as there were not any rooms available. She gave some lousy excuses and said the hotel was overbooked. She could neither come by and help me with another room nor give me any other assistance in finding a room for the night. At least she gave me the password for their wireless, which allowed me to look for another room on my own.

I was happy to find another, by far more expensive room in SoBe and had to travel all the way back. So far so good. Now it comes:
A few days later, they charged my credit card for this night. I immediately complained by phone and email, and was assured that my money was refunded. Nothing happend, numerous calls and mails followed, but I did not succeed. The desk would not connect me with the management at any time. When asking them, why I was still waiting for my refund (in the meantime for more around 6 weeks), it was always said "today", "today"... Five days later the same thing: "today we will make the refund". When I calmly asked after 6 weeks WHY the refund has been promised each week but has never been made and telling them I am getting tired of these promises, the desk just hung up the phone.
I gave them another immediate call, where she said "the refund will be made, goodbye" and hung up again. Nothing happened.

It is becoming even worse: One month after the booking (during the time I was trying to get my money back) the credit card was charged from Bolivia by some fraudsters. The card was rarely used, therefore it is not unlikely that the hotel gave my details to a third party, even though I cannot prove this currently.

To sum it up:
The place is cheap, that's a plus. I did not see the rooms due to the overbooking. The area is lousy, big noisy streets, a lot of cats strolling around, no front desk. The service is lousy, the staff unfriendly. And the hotel charges your credit card for an overbooking of the hotel and does not refund it. The debit happened not on the day of the booking, but some 4 days later! Can it be worse?

Do not book this hotel and do not show them a credit card!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We definitely thought we were getting a deal! We booked for $59 a night; so we were like wow more money to spend partying. Pretty much like everyone else we get there and have to start calling numbers to figure out where everyone is. They charged my card and I had to force them to give me a receipt. They charged 13% tax on the room. Then we got sent to Harding ave where parking is limited, they don't tell you where else you can park in case something happens. We get in and for the most part the room is clean. The toilet wouldn't flush all the way you had to hold the handle down for like 10 minutes, the towels were dingy, the sheets were all torn and thin. They had direct TV but they had less channels available than basic cable........No TNT, NO USA, No ESPN........they had limited soap, no soap in the kitchen to wash dishes! No ironing board or iron. The next day we tried calling the cell phone they gave us to contact and it was out of service. Office ours were supposed to be from 9am - 7pm and the workers didn't come in until 1pm. The room served its purpose......they should definitely take the pictures off the website if all the rooms do not look the same. The service here is terrible. If you going with a bunch of friends to party it would be cool; if your looking for something a little sexier it will definitely kill the mood!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed at 7128 Indian Creek Drive, in April 09. Based on the reviews we went hoping for the best, prepared for crappy. All-in-all, it was a very good experience.
The check-in was strange, as described by itchytraveler and others. We arrived early and called to find out what time was check-in; we were yelled at by the person who answered. No problem, we spent a great day at North Shore beach. In the afternoon, we were received by Claudia, who was very nice and friendly. Free parking, which was great - we left the car there and went most places by bike!
We were in room 2. It was excellent, very clean, no bugs (I do bedbug-and-mite checks whenever I arrive at a hotel). We had read the reviews, and had brought paper towels, dish towel, dish soap, etc. We also planned meals that could be prepared on a burner or in a microwave. I had school stuff to do throughout our stay, and the wireless internet worked all the time.
The area was excellent; there were 2 grocery stores, a laundromat, a bike rental shop within 5-10 min. walk (use googlemaps' "search nearby" feature - it's great!).
I am happy we did not have the bait-and-switch experienced by others; we stayed at the above address and had a positive, problem-free experience.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

My husband and I Stayed at Boutique Rentals this past March, LOVED OUR STAY, this is the perfect place away from the crazyness of south beach, 4 blocks from the beach, there's a pizza place right by the corner, great for when you come back from the beach, but the best of all were the fully equiped kitchen, when we first entered the room we couldn't believe we paid such a low price for what we were getting, but the best of all FREE PARKING, i mean how better can this get, We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I read a lot of bad reviews about this place but it was actually perfect! I went there with my fiance and 4 months old baby. We had nice wooden floors, brand new appliances a very comfortable bed in the bedroom and another sofabed in the living room. The only thing is the dishes were not very clean, however, we did'nt use it exept for the glasses. I also got a bit worried when we tried to check in upon arrival. It was late (8 or 9pm) and they left a sticker on the door with a phone number we had to call. The guy on the phone barely spoke english and told me to call another number. Then we called the other number and they gave us a code to get inside without even asking for our name... That was very strange.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek? Share your experiences!