“Away from south beach noise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek
You added Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7128 Indian Creek Dr, Miami, FL 33141   |
Ranked #25 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
New Jersey
“Away from south beach noise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

My husband and I Stayed at Boutique Rentals this past March, LOVED OUR STAY, this is the perfect place away from the crazyness of south beach, 4 blocks from the beach, there's a pizza place right by the corner, great for when you come back from the beach, but the best of all were the fully equiped kitchen, when we first entered the room we couldn't believe we paid such a low price for what we were getting, but the best of all FREE PARKING, i mean how better can this get, We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I read a lot of bad reviews about this place but it was actually perfect! I went there with my fiance and 4 months old baby. We had nice wooden floors, brand new appliances a very comfortable bed in the bedroom and another sofabed in the living room. The only thing is the dishes were not very clean, however, we did'nt use it exept for the glasses. I also got a bit worried when we tried to check in upon arrival. It was late (8 or 9pm) and they left a sticker on the door with a phone number we had to call. The guy on the phone barely spoke english and told me to call another number. Then we called the other number and they gave us a code to get inside without even asking for our name... That was very strange.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
itchytraveler
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

We spent several nights at this establishment. Here are the positives:

1) Contrary to other reviews, the place was mostly clean upon arrival. (However, see housekeeping below).

2) We never saw a bug or rodent (such are our low standards). However, it was winter.

3) Our room was for the most part spacious, you get DirectTV, and if you are inclined to cook, you can in the mini-kitchenette, which had a stove and fridge.

4) It was quiet when we stayed there.

5) It's a pretty quick 15-20 minute picturesque drive south to South Beach with no traffic and 10 minutes to Bal Harbour up north. We mostly got up and immediately left, and returned at night after a nice day outside. A rental car is mandatory when staying here.

6) We booked months early for $90 a night on Orbitz when other hotels (even cheap ones) were generally >$200-$300 a night during the holidays. Therefore the price was right and we could use our savings to lounge at fabulous hotel pools and bars elsewhere and eat at nice restaurants. We would not recommend staying here for a higher price. There's a Best Western and a Days Inn closer to SoBe on the ocean that appear to be worth $50-100 more per night to stay at during peak season.

Here are the negatives:

1) Upon arrival you struggle to find the office (through a gate to the side and in the rear) and there is hardly any consistent presence there. Do not come after hours as it is not clear you will be able to enter (I called two or three numbers listed on the door before someone answered). When you do find someone, you struggle to converse in English. Do not arrive with any dispute as to the bill or reservation or you will not be able to resolve it with them. Come with proof of payment and reservation. Overall, ghastly staffing. They need to improve this aspect very much.

2) Limited parking is first come, first serve. Generally we found a space. If we were coming back late we parked in an unmarked spot and no one complained. We were not given instructions on what to do if there was no parking.

3) Housekeeping was spotty. The place was only nominally cleaned each day. Once they took our towels and forgot to replace them.

4) Speaking of towels . . . they are threadbare. So are the sheets. We're talking zero threadcount. Bring your own if possible.

5) The bed was two twins pushed together. Our mattress was thin and uncomfortable and there was no mattress pad underneath. We were given a single, thin, small blanket as our "duvet".

6) Air conditioning unit was loud and made rattling noises. However, it a) existed and b) worked.

7) You get zero amenities. No shampoo or other bath products, no coffee, only a sliver of soap. In our unit, no ironing board, no hairdryer. Our TV was not LCD and it was very small.

8) The place is situated on an awkward small dead-end street off a busy intersection with lots of stray cats wandering around. Not quite your grand entrance. Nothing to see or do within walking distance. The area didn't appear terribly unsafe but it was somewhat barren and desolate commercial/residential combo.

Conclusion: This place served our purpose for basic shelter on a budget during the holidays. It's not a hotel and doesn't even have motel-level service. Think of it as a deluxe "hostel" accommodations and you'll have the right mindset. Biggest benefit: we did not feel guilty splurging elsewhere as a result of the cheap accommodations and had a terrific week. However, you should view this place with caution. It will not make you feel that great staying there, and if you like lounging in your hotel, do not stay here. It is quite worth $100 a night during peak weeks when you can drive away easily to the hotspots; beyond that, hmm, I'd keep looking.

• Liked — Price and relative proximity driving to South Beach (15 minutes)
  • Disliked — Service and lack of amenities and comfort
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

I made my reservation through Veneer.com in August 08 for a condo at the Indian Creek property for three nights.Everything seemed fine until arrival in Nov,upon arrival I was told the Indian creek property was overbooked????You do the math,they never intend on renting the nicer condo with the hardwood floors but will stuff you into the roach infested crappy apartment called Harding suites at 8118 Harding Ave!

So if you like starting off your vacation in Miami in a roach infested,no hot water,no iron/ironing board,no soap,no shampoo,no security,no parking,disgusting hovel that you would not bring an enemy to much less a friend......

• Liked — nothing!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING! Say no to the bait and switch
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

My Husband & I stayed in one of the apartments at boutique rentals in March this year. We were really happy with the apartment. It was great considering we were paying $90 AUS a night. The suburb seemed a bit dodgy, but we just made sure that we weren't wandering around the neighborhood after dark.

We booked a 1 bedroom for our first 3 nights and a studio for the following 3. I expected to have to move to another room after 3 nights, but the manager was kind enough to let us stay in the same apartment.

Internet worked great (which was very important to us), tv was fine, I would recommend to anyone on a budget looking for somewhere self contained.

The apartment was further from South Beach than we had realised, but we hired a car and the apartment came with parking.

• Liked — neat, clean rooms
  • Disliked — suburb
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
doha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

After seeing those wonderful pictures in the Web Site i booked this place.I was alloted the condo at harding Avenue.A worn out building and unpleasant neighbourhood.The kitchens had baby roaches and didnt match the pictures in their web site.The stove/burner was not working and the toilet and bedroom door lock was faulty.After talking to authorities they gave me one in Indian creek Dr.Nothing better.I feel any other choice would be much better.
This place will be an unpleasant experience.Beware

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Smyrna, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

I had booked a reservation through Hotwire for the Suites at the Beach by Boutique Rentals. I went to the property address listed and found there was no office. I thought maybe I was missing something so I called the number listed for the property with Hotwire. The phone rang about 10 times before someone gruffly answered the phone with a "hello." I thought maybe I had the number wrong so I asked if the number was correct. I was told it was. After explaining who I was and why I was calling multiple times, I was told our room was at a different property. She gave me the "apartment number" and told me the front door was open with the key on the coffee table. I thought it was a strange check in policy but went to the address given to me and found the room open with the key laying on the table. There was no office, no security. There could've been anyone in the condo when we got there. The exterior of the building was extremely worn but the inside appeared as though they were really trying to improve things. As my partner and I walked around the condo, little things started to pop out at us. The soap in the bathroom had been used, the sofa had crumbs on it, one then two then three of the windows would not shut. Little things that seemed out of place and just a little off. We opened the bedroom closet to find a live roach and then another two in the kitchen. All the little red flags added up to a call to Hotwire to get us out of the place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Oceanfront
4.0 of 5 stars 267 reviews
Monte Carlo Miami Beach Condo
#4 of 66 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 81 reviews

Been to Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek? Share your experiences!