“Great hotel for couple of days down in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek
7128 Indian Creek Dr, Miami, FL 33141   |
Ranked #22 of 35 Specialty lodging in Miami
Vancouver, BC
“Great hotel for couple of days down in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Flew into Miami from Vancouver Canada back in January for a few days to catch some hockey games in Florida. Before the trip started I had to get some tickets couriered to the hotel and phoned ahead. The front of house staff were super helpful and said that it was not a problem. We got there later on via public transit with a bus stop across the road from the hotel. Had a great welcome and our tickets were there waiting for us.

The hotel room was a nothing too fancy but it is a boutique hotel so it was built a while back so you can't expect to be staying at the W. The location was fine about a 20-30 min walk down to the main drag in South Beach which was great for walking off some meals.

The pool and court yard area were relaxed and was good to have a beer there.

Great for what it is :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We got there late on a Thursday night arrivale. When we got to Indian Creek Drive we spent 20 minutes trying to find the hotel, with looking for the place there was not sign on the building what so ever. We located a sign on the door that told us to call a number. After speaking to someone with little english finally directed us to a OFFICE, took us throught a number of doors then to a office that there was no one there, the voice on the phone then directed us to go to down a outside coordor, with two woman at a late hr at night we felt very UNSAFE. We then were told to enter another door NUMBER 14 we opend the door to find three more doors we then where told to enter DOOR NUMBER 2, this dooor was half openend the lights where off, I then gave my friend all of my belongs due to not sure what was going to happend I was PREPARING MY SELF for someone to jump out, I then found a light turned it on and much to our surrprise we felt that we entered into a room that looked like a apartment BLD. bed room, the bathroom window was open, no towels nothing was in the room, a bed that looked like something my grandmother had in her cabin, no soap nothing in the room what so ever. THE door that we entered into had no PEEP hole, we found a key on the bed table that anyone could have, no security what so ever no double lock the main door had no LOCK what so ever, the door to the so called room was made out of PLYWOOD......... We left this are a.s.p. calling Hotwire. com we were able to get a refund from our reservations. WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GO TO THIS PLACE, WE SAW MORE CATS THEN PEOPLE. ALSO VERY UNSAFE for anyone...

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Horrible, we booked 3 room. They were guarantied and when we arrived there there was no one exept 100 cats and a lady who had a kakalake in her bed. Of course the hotel (if yoiu can call it one) was overbooked and we did not got any room. however @ the end we were lucky due that there were a lot of suspicions people in the area. Not secure at all.
SO DO NOT GO THERE

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Bronx, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

This place was in an apt. building, there were no suites. That picture you see is the entire building. There was no one there to greet us upon arrival, we had a late flight, when I called the number in which is a cell phone the person answered the phone and appeared to be sleeping. She told us put in a code at the door and go upstairs to a my room open the door and the key would be on the table. This room looked liked a short stay motel, and the TV didn't have the cable channels in which was indicated. We asked for a King bed, it looked like a full. The room door didn't appear to be sturdy so we really didn't sleep for our own safety. I called Expedia to complain and requested another hotel. When we called to check out the next day no one was around, I called and the lady who answered the phone told us to leave the key on the table in the room. Also, they advertise that there front desk hours (in which there is no front desk, only cell phone conversations) are 9am to 8pm, but the lady on the cell phone stated that they are available 10am to 5pm. I saw no one, what a horrible experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Saarbrücken
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

We booked this "hotel" via hotwire and got a direct confirmation for the room. After searching for the hotel (there is no sign at all!), we searched unsuccessfully for the front desk. No front desk = no check-in,just a number to call (kind of expensive with an European cellphone). Noone picked up the phone for over 90minutes. After waisting tons of cellphone credit, we had to convince the not so friendly person at the other line, that we reserved a room and that we have a confirmation from hotwire. We called 15 times!!!!!not willing to give up as we already paid for the room. THe hotwire-helpline finally arranged, that the hotel office assistant finally found her way to the hotel. Well, she found the way to the hotel 3.5 hours after our arrival!!!!!!!! It was just UNBELIEVABLE! And then she even had the nerve to offer us an already used hotel room. TOO INAPPREHENSIBLE FOR WORDS. We finally fled and let hotwire take care of the problem. At least the hotwire-helpline people were nice and helped us to find an upgraded hotel after we wasted over 4 hours of our limited time in miami!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
new york, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The pictures are misleading. they have renovated maybe one or two rooms. the rest are a disaster. we were told, upon checking in, that he indian creek site was full. we had specifically requested this site. they sent us to their sister site on harding avenue, assuring us it was just as nice. the room was a warren of small nooks and crannies and completely filthy. cockroaches in the sink and a dead mouse in the middle of the "bedroom". oh and no air conditioning. when i confronted the receptionist she admitted that only a few rooms are renovated and that the owners post pics of only the handful of rooms which are done. when i returned to my car there were 2 guys trying to break in! we chased them off and i wonder now if they were not "working" for this crooked outfit.
in a nutshell if you value your health and safety avoid this dump at all costs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel/boutiques to anyone. I booked it through the website www.hrs.com on the day when I wanted a room there. It was a "guaranteed" booking. It said, the desk would be occupied until 10pm. When I arrived at the location at around 6pm, nobody was around. They tagged two telephone numbers to dial for check-in. My fourth call was responded. The girl was surprised to hear someone who wants to check in, as there were not any rooms available. She gave some lousy excuses and said the hotel was overbooked. She could neither come by and help me with another room nor give me any other assistance in finding a room for the night. At least she gave me the password for their wireless, which allowed me to look for another room on my own.

I was happy to find another, by far more expensive room in SoBe and had to travel all the way back. So far so good. Now it comes:
A few days later, they charged my credit card for this night. I immediately complained by phone and email, and was assured that my money was refunded. Nothing happend, numerous calls and mails followed, but I did not succeed. The desk would not connect me with the management at any time. When asking them, why I was still waiting for my refund (in the meantime for more around 6 weeks), it was always said "today", "today"... Five days later the same thing: "today we will make the refund". When I calmly asked after 6 weeks WHY the refund has been promised each week but has never been made and telling them I am getting tired of these promises, the desk just hung up the phone.
I gave them another immediate call, where she said "the refund will be made, goodbye" and hung up again. Nothing happened.

It is becoming even worse: One month after the booking (during the time I was trying to get my money back) the credit card was charged from Bolivia by some fraudsters. The card was rarely used, therefore it is not unlikely that the hotel gave my details to a third party, even though I cannot prove this currently.

To sum it up:
The place is cheap, that's a plus. I did not see the rooms due to the overbooking. The area is lousy, big noisy streets, a lot of cats strolling around, no front desk. The service is lousy, the staff unfriendly. And the hotel charges your credit card for an overbooking of the hotel and does not refund it. The debit happened not on the day of the booking, but some 4 days later! Can it be worse?

Do not book this hotel and do not show them a credit card!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Boutique Rentals at Indian Creek? Share your experiences!