“Booking dot no.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Booking dot no.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this from internet approached by so called security wanting money to park.lobby was nice.elevator was a joke not for wheel chairs.we went the 2nd floor hallway was scary not redone tiny space room was no better went to get money back was told not going happening

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I did mistake and stayed there . When they say you pay what you get its true but this place is not even worth it . They should make night for $25. It's not clean , rude service and the area is bad!!! . When I checked in their was people in front of the desk looked like they were ready to robbe me , the lady was every rude and kept watching tv as I was talking to her . When I got up to my room I didnt want to take off my shoes because the floor was so dirty !! The bathroom looked like it never been cleaned before , the beds are even worst ! I had to go to walmart to get sheets because the hotel didn't want to change them when I clearly asked three times . I had to carry bag around with important stuff in because the room door looked liked it been kicked up before and someone did cheap repair on it , a little kid could kick it down . The whole time I was I thought my stuff was going to get stolen . Do yourself a favor and read other reviews . This place is not worth a penny!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is awful, the front-desk clerk, was intimidating lacking respect, the hotel was in a pretty bad condition, dirty and stinky and was going through some sort renovation. There was a loud music close to the reception area. I end up canceling my reservation when I saw the condition of the hotel. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Torotno, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Inexpensive, decent downtown location, friendly staff...
Looks dodgy, but a family owned small hotel...
Has a bed, a shower and close to Bayside, AA Arena, freeway in and out of South Beach and Brickell...

• Stayed May 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

this Hotel was scary. It was very dirty and old. Wiring on the walls. Bed was crooked ad falling apart. I was booked for two beds but only got one and all 3 of us had to sleep in one bed. The hotel stunk and the elevator smelled so bad it made me gag. Some one banged on my door at 3:00 am yelling open the door, (I did not). I think this hotel is where hookers go for and hour.The floors where dirty, the pillow case was not clean. This was an terrible experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Let me state, always pay attention to the reviews. We figured it can't be that bad.
We had problems finding the hotel because of the outside construction. The lobby has wood on the walls. (upgrade in progress I think)
We slept in our clothes and we did not dare use the tub or shower.
The tub looks like someone hand painted it and there is a large rust spot in the bottom.
Do not book at this hotel if you can go someplace else. I will not speak about the hookers blocking traffic down the street. We did not have any problems with the front counter staff.
On the plus side the hotel is only one mile from the cruise pier. If you can spend the extra money stay someplace else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had to spend a night in downtown Miami during New Year's week as a last minute plan.. hence everything was already booked and/or over priced... Fortunately we found this hotel. Yes this place screams ghetto!! from inside and out... but as travelers my husband and I are very patient and accommodating.. hence we were alright out here.. and thankfully within our budget for such a last minute plan in 'over priced' Miami.. We also saw many college kids here and I guess such a low cost option in Miami is a blessing for them..
Wish there were better/safer/cleaner lodgings/boardings/hostels in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!