“Run away!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Miami Sun Hotel to your Saves list
Miami Sun Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
CLICK HERE FOR BEST RATE!
Ranked #99 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Run away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is awful, the front-desk clerk, was intimidating lacking respect, the hotel was in a pretty bad condition, dirty and stinky and was going through some sort renovation. There was a loud music close to the reception area. I end up canceling my reservation when I saw the condition of the hotel. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Anis74us

Torotno, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Inexpensive, decent downtown location, friendly staff...
Looks dodgy, but a family owned small hotel...
Has a bed, a shower and close to Bayside, AA Arena, freeway in and out of South Beach and Brickell...

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank One-Mad-Tourist
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

this Hotel was scary. It was very dirty and old. Wiring on the walls. Bed was crooked ad falling apart. I was booked for two beds but only got one and all 3 of us had to sleep in one bed. The hotel stunk and the elevator smelled so bad it made me gag. Some one banged on my door at 3:00 am yelling open the door, (I did not). I think this hotel is where hookers go for and hour.The floors where dirty, the pillow case was not clean. This was an terrible experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Olivia T

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Hamilton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Let me state, always pay attention to the reviews. We figured it can't be that bad.
We had problems finding the hotel because of the outside construction. The lobby has wood on the walls. (upgrade in progress I think)
We slept in our clothes and we did not dare use the tub or shower.
The tub looks like someone hand painted it and there is a large rust spot in the bottom.
Do not book at this hotel if you can go someplace else. I will not speak about the hookers blocking traffic down the street. We did not have any problems with the front counter staff.
On the plus side the hotel is only one mile from the cruise pier. If you can spend the extra money stay someplace else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Therefore4607
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had to spend a night in downtown Miami during New Year's week as a last minute plan.. hence everything was already booked and/or over priced... Fortunately we found this hotel. Yes this place screams ghetto!! from inside and out... but as travelers my husband and I are very patient and accommodating.. hence we were alright out here.. and thankfully within our budget for such a last minute plan in 'over priced' Miami.. We also saw many college kids here and I guess such a low cost option in Miami is a blessing for them..
Wish there were better/safer/cleaner lodgings/boardings/hostels in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ambience B
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel should be plowed under! The guy at the front was horrible. He actually hung up on someone trying to book. Then left the receiver off. Bullet holes in the window, horrible conditions. Hookers up and down the street, cops racing by all night. It was horrible and the location was down right scary. So not a place worth staying. I thought for $89 it would be passible, I was so wrong. To spend $20 here is a waste. Go somewhere, anywhere else. The only saving grace was when we were leaving and the lovely lady at the front desk on Sunday morning was great. She deserves a raise and hazard pay.

Room Tip: Don't book here, go anywhere else.