“Unacceptable” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #118 of 130 hotels in Miami
Tabernash, Colorado
“Unacceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Please do not make a reservation in this hotel is terrible. We made a reservation because we never though would be that bad and it was just one night so even after to read all the comments we went there. When we just walked in we noticed that the building is really old but we didn't have other place so we checked in. The elevator stinks really bad and the room was a nightmare it was completely dirty same thing with the bathroom. This place is unacceptable, they shouldn't call it hotel at all. Anyway we couldn't stay there so we decided to get out of that place. As we expected they charged us full price but we didn't care we just wanted to leave, We spent the next 2 hours looking for other place but it was worth it. So if you want to stay there do not make a reservation go to the place and ask them to show you the rooms then yo can decide . I am writing this review because I don't want other travelers ruin their vacation for places like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Thinking the reviews were just angered guests, and reading some positive reviews, I decided to book a "suite" at the Miami Sun. Homeless and drug addicts hanging outside the front doors. The front desk attendant was shoeless with his feet up on the desk. The elevator smelled like cigarettes, musk and mold. I was scared to look and see if the elevator was up to inspection because it was so creeky and slow. I feel really stupid for booking the room because we left after our event and drove home the same night of arriving. Location means nothing if your staying in filth. Stay away.

• Stayed September 2013
Samui
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Please, never make a booking this hotel.
If you ever stay in chinese hotels you understand me. If you are lucky and don't know what is it.. I'll explain.
Cost is 60$. All amount prepaid.
When you are arrive..,you can see that all pictures were made with help of photoshop! Nothing look like! Small hotel, dirty , small room, half of staff are broken, no hot water in the smallest bathroom!
I was in shok. Highly recommend to look for other hotels.
Thank you for reading.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this "nasty hotel" this past weekend on 4/6/13. We were attending the Miami Heat game and sttod in Miami so that we didn't have to drive back home to WPB so late. DONT be fooled by the hotel pics on the internet because the hotel looks NOTHING like the pic. This hotel is so nasty, the sheets and pillows were musty and smelled like mold. The ceiling looked as if it was going to collapse and the bathroom was so small that you can hardly wipe your BUTT in there. The shower is so tiny that I kept banging my arms on the wall when showering and the damn soap dispenser almost fell off when I grabbed it to wash my feet. On top of that there were no cups for drinks. When my husband went down stairs to get ice he asked if they had an ice bucket and the receptionist behind the counter gave him a freaking plastic bag (how ghetto is that). While we were waiting for the "plastic bag" there were some visitors asking for a refund because the rooms were quote "discusting and horrible". The rate that they charged was $65 plus a $5 key deposit as crappy as this hotel is they should be charging $25 a night. It was the absolute WORST hotel experience that I ever had and needless to say..."I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE" I am so suprised that they managed to stay open as crappy as that building is. YUCK YUCK YUCK....Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about this place is the distance to ultra. Rooms were Filthy, bathroom was tiny, only a fridge in there, not even a microwave. The receptionist was friendly, but I don't think ill be staying there again, especially for that price!!

• Stayed March 2013
Liaquatpur rahim yar khan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller however my first time in Miami. My worst hotel experience ever! The motels that I stayed at roadside paying mere 10-15 bucks were far far better than this place! Tiny cubby hole type rooms. I, with my 5'8" height and 140 lbs weight could not take shower in the tiny shower place, you can't stand in front of the sink basin to wash your face, no toiletery supplies whatsoever, no place to put your stuff, Ni outlets for cellphone etc. I had to switch off fridge to charge my cell. When I complained to the front desk, lady told that hotel was built 90 years ago and believe me they still run this pace as if it was year 1913! In short this place is a disgrace to Miami

• Stayed March 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was gross. The room was dirty and out dated. The bathroom was filthly and small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The bed was old and if you even touched it it made tons of noise. The spings in the matress were almost sticking all the way out. If i could give this hotel less than 1 i would. By far the worst place i have ever stayed. Please avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: To get a good, stay some other place.