“chinese cheap dirty hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Miami Sun Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 129 hotels in Miami
Samui
“chinese cheap dirty hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Please, never make a booking this hotel.
If you ever stay in chinese hotels you understand me. If you are lucky and don't know what is it.. I'll explain.
Cost is 60$. All amount prepaid.
When you are arrive..,you can see that all pictures were made with help of photoshop! Nothing look like! Small hotel, dirty , small room, half of staff are broken, no hot water in the smallest bathroom!
I was in shok. Highly recommend to look for other hotels.
Thank you for reading.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Palm Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this "nasty hotel" this past weekend on 4/6/13. We were attending the Miami Heat game and sttod in Miami so that we didn't have to drive back home to WPB so late. DONT be fooled by the hotel pics on the internet because the hotel looks NOTHING like the pic. This hotel is so nasty, the sheets and pillows were musty and smelled like mold. The ceiling looked as if it was going to collapse and the bathroom was so small that you can hardly wipe your BUTT in there. The shower is so tiny that I kept banging my arms on the wall when showering and the damn soap dispenser almost fell off when I grabbed it to wash my feet. On top of that there were no cups for drinks. When my husband went down stairs to get ice he asked if they had an ice bucket and the receptionist behind the counter gave him a freaking plastic bag (how ghetto is that). While we were waiting for the "plastic bag" there were some visitors asking for a refund because the rooms were quote "discusting and horrible". The rate that they charged was $65 plus a $5 key deposit as crappy as this hotel is they should be charging $25 a night. It was the absolute WORST hotel experience that I ever had and needless to say..."I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE" I am so suprised that they managed to stay open as crappy as that building is. YUCK YUCK YUCK....Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about this place is the distance to ultra. Rooms were Filthy, bathroom was tiny, only a fridge in there, not even a microwave. The receptionist was friendly, but I don't think ill be staying there again, especially for that price!!

• Stayed March 2013
Liaquatpur rahim yar khan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller however my first time in Miami. My worst hotel experience ever! The motels that I stayed at roadside paying mere 10-15 bucks were far far better than this place! Tiny cubby hole type rooms. I, with my 5'8" height and 140 lbs weight could not take shower in the tiny shower place, you can't stand in front of the sink basin to wash your face, no toiletery supplies whatsoever, no place to put your stuff, Ni outlets for cellphone etc. I had to switch off fridge to charge my cell. When I complained to the front desk, lady told that hotel was built 90 years ago and believe me they still run this pace as if it was year 1913! In short this place is a disgrace to Miami

• Stayed March 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was gross. The room was dirty and out dated. The bathroom was filthly and small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The bed was old and if you even touched it it made tons of noise. The spings in the matress were almost sticking all the way out. If i could give this hotel less than 1 i would. By far the worst place i have ever stayed. Please avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: To get a good, stay some other place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reviewers have not been kind to Miami Sun Hotel. I stayed there for three nights recently and really enjoyed myself. It is a budget hotel. The place is old. it is weathered but I found it acceptable. I have stayed at other budget hotels and Miami Sun was neither better nor worse. It is in a great location. The area is very safe during the daytime and evening hours. I would be cautious late at night. Staff was helpful. Room was basic but bed was good. Hotel was very quiet. I would recommend it for those on a budget. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, ask for room in non-smoking area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend arrived at this hotel to a very nice lady at the desk that was it. The room was disgusting the curtain was hanging off the wall the sink was covered in fag burns and the shower was covered in hair. We decided to leave this hotel after one horrendous night when we went to the desk we were the thrid couple to ask for a refund that day and the large woman Dorris was screaming and shouting at a man because he requested a refund. Then it was pur turn to ask for one they charged us $192 to cancel and when i asked why it was so much tp cancel i got told to sit down because i was p*ssing her off she continued to scream and shout at me and my boyfriend infront of the pther guests reducing me to tears. I recorded everything on my phone and i am planning tp take this further. Disgusting vile woman! Do not go here!

Been to Miami Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!