“The Sink Was Not In The Bathroom....” 1 of 5 stars

Miami Sun Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“The Sink Was Not In The Bathroom....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was gross. The room was dirty and out dated. The bathroom was filthly and small and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The bed was old and if you even touched it it made tons of noise. The spings in the matress were almost sticking all the way out. If i could give this hotel less than 1 i would. By far the worst place i have ever stayed. Please avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: To get a good, stay some other place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reviewers have not been kind to Miami Sun Hotel. I stayed there for three nights recently and really enjoyed myself. It is a budget hotel. The place is old. it is weathered but I found it acceptable. I have stayed at other budget hotels and Miami Sun was neither better nor worse. It is in a great location. The area is very safe during the daytime and evening hours. I would be cautious late at night. Staff was helpful. Room was basic but bed was good. Hotel was very quiet. I would recommend it for those on a budget. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, ask for room in non-smoking area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend arrived at this hotel to a very nice lady at the desk that was it. The room was disgusting the curtain was hanging off the wall the sink was covered in fag burns and the shower was covered in hair. We decided to leave this hotel after one horrendous night when we went to the desk we were the thrid couple to ask for a refund that day and the large woman Dorris was screaming and shouting at a man because he requested a refund. Then it was pur turn to ask for one they charged us $192 to cancel and when i asked why it was so much tp cancel i got told to sit down because i was p*ssing her off she continued to scream and shout at me and my boyfriend infront of the pther guests reducing me to tears. I recorded everything on my phone and i am planning tp take this further. Disgusting vile woman! Do not go here!

Weinfelden, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's a good distance away from Ultra but that's about the only good thing I can say about this place. The rooms are more than filthy, I would have never lasted 4 nights in there if I hadn't brought my own sheets, blanket, and pillows. I would advice anyone to do that! Don't forget to ask for your deposit on the key back; the receptionist won't remind you.

Room Tip: Don't let the bed bugs bite you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Barbados
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Terrible! Couldn't believe they call this place a hotel. This is a dump. The toilet wasn't working, the bathroom sink was coming off the wall, the floor tiles were broken, the elevator had a mouldy odour and the house keeping service sucked.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Miami Sun Hotel with 3 other friends when we came down to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. This hotel was PERFECT for us!!!! It was BY FAR the cheapest room you will ever find in downtown Miami, and it was only 2 blocks away from Bicentenial Park (the Ultra Venue). This was perfect, becasue you will not be able to find a cab anytime around the open or close of ULTRA, and our hotel was only a 5 minute walk to and from the festival. The room was kind of small, (shower is tiny), but that is not at all a complaint, since we paid less than 1/4 what we would have paid anywhere else in downtown that close to the bay. The staff at The Miami Sun was probably the most personable staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. They were always there with helpful advise about nearby dining, nightlife, and other assorted accomodations nearby. I will be going back to Ultra Fest next year, and I can't imagine staying ANYWHERE else but the Miami Sun Hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
guadalajara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room had dirty sheets. Old pizza behind the closet. We had a reservation for four nights. We could only put up with it for one night. When we tried to get our money back, the manager tried to penalize us one night. Finally, she gave us our money back for the remaining nights. She told us if we were to complain to any internet travel sites,she would charge our credit card. I would never use an internet travel that has this hotel on its webpage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Miami Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!