“Absolute disgrace” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Absolute disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend arrived at this hotel to a very nice lady at the desk that was it. The room was disgusting the curtain was hanging off the wall the sink was covered in fag burns and the shower was covered in hair. We decided to leave this hotel after one horrendous night when we went to the desk we were the thrid couple to ask for a refund that day and the large woman Dorris was screaming and shouting at a man because he requested a refund. Then it was pur turn to ask for one they charged us $192 to cancel and when i asked why it was so much tp cancel i got told to sit down because i was p*ssing her off she continued to scream and shout at me and my boyfriend infront of the pther guests reducing me to tears. I recorded everything on my phone and i am planning tp take this further. Disgusting vile woman! Do not go here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Weinfelden, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's a good distance away from Ultra but that's about the only good thing I can say about this place. The rooms are more than filthy, I would have never lasted 4 nights in there if I hadn't brought my own sheets, blanket, and pillows. I would advice anyone to do that! Don't forget to ask for your deposit on the key back; the receptionist won't remind you.

Room Tip: Don't let the bed bugs bite you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Barbados
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Terrible! Couldn't believe they call this place a hotel. This is a dump. The toilet wasn't working, the bathroom sink was coming off the wall, the floor tiles were broken, the elevator had a mouldy odour and the house keeping service sucked.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Miami Sun Hotel with 3 other friends when we came down to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. This hotel was PERFECT for us!!!! It was BY FAR the cheapest room you will ever find in downtown Miami, and it was only 2 blocks away from Bicentenial Park (the Ultra Venue). This was perfect, becasue you will not be able to find a cab anytime around the open or close of ULTRA, and our hotel was only a 5 minute walk to and from the festival. The room was kind of small, (shower is tiny), but that is not at all a complaint, since we paid less than 1/4 what we would have paid anywhere else in downtown that close to the bay. The staff at The Miami Sun was probably the most personable staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. They were always there with helpful advise about nearby dining, nightlife, and other assorted accomodations nearby. I will be going back to Ultra Fest next year, and I can't imagine staying ANYWHERE else but the Miami Sun Hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
guadalajara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room had dirty sheets. Old pizza behind the closet. We had a reservation for four nights. We could only put up with it for one night. When we tried to get our money back, the manager tried to penalize us one night. Finally, she gave us our money back for the remaining nights. She told us if we were to complain to any internet travel sites,she would charge our credit card. I would never use an internet travel that has this hotel on its webpage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a room at the Miami Sun Hotel for one night before we set sail on a cruise. We checked in and dropped our bags off and immediately left to meet a friend for dinner. Right away we noticed the building and especially our room were filthy. The floors were not clean by any means and the bed did not seem to be either. I convinced my girlfriend it was just for one night and we could deal with it. When we returned from dinner we were asked by a family leaving the hotel where the nearest chain hotel was. They had two young children with them and were disgusted by the cleanliness of the hotel and the fact that there where what seemed to be prostitutes hanging out in the lobby. We went up to our room and took a closer look and found what looked to be blood spots in multiple places in the room. Needless to say we grabbed out bags and checked out of the hotel immediately. The best way I could sum up what the general feel of the hotel was would be a crack house. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who cares about their safety or health. I tried to make it a cheap one night stay before we set sail and ended up paying the $68 and then walking all over the Port of Miami at 2:00 am looking for a cleaner place. The only one with availability was the Intercontinental, a hotel i would definitely recommend, all in all not a cheap night but at least we were clean and safe!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Miami Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!