“Worst Hotel experience of my life!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Miami Sun Hotel to your Saves list
Miami Sun Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Worst Hotel experience of my life!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a room at the Miami Sun Hotel for one night before we set sail on a cruise. We checked in and dropped our bags off and immediately left to meet a friend for dinner. Right away we noticed the building and especially our room were filthy. The floors were not clean by any means and the bed did not seem to be either. I convinced my girlfriend it was just for one night and we could deal with it. When we returned from dinner we were asked by a family leaving the hotel where the nearest chain hotel was. They had two young children with them and were disgusted by the cleanliness of the hotel and the fact that there where what seemed to be prostitutes hanging out in the lobby. We went up to our room and took a closer look and found what looked to be blood spots in multiple places in the room. Needless to say we grabbed out bags and checked out of the hotel immediately. The best way I could sum up what the general feel of the hotel was would be a crack house. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who cares about their safety or health. I tried to make it a cheap one night stay before we set sail and ended up paying the $68 and then walking all over the Port of Miami at 2:00 am looking for a cleaner place. The only one with availability was the Intercontinental, a hotel i would definitely recommend, all in all not a cheap night but at least we were clean and safe!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Ansonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Its worth the money you pay for in the long run. I overheard a conversation of someone trying to book a room in the lobby and the guy at the desk said if you find a cheaper hotel we will beat it by $20. So the price is what you get. Although I did find that my TV didnt work, there was food in the microwave from the last peoples booking and the shower runs a bit weird and you have to play with it, it overall wasnt a bad hotel if all your looking to do is sleep and leave. I slept 3-4 hours a night and then I was out of there in which the hotel is near many bus stops and its right around the corner from multiple weekend clubs and the american airline arena.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Compared to the price of any other hotel in Miami this is worth it! You get what you pay for here, so don't expect room service and fancy hotel rooms! For the amount of time you will be in the room the price is awesome!

The hotel doesn't care if extra people stay in your room, and there is no complaints for partying - why would you want to stay ANYWHERE ELSE (Unless your rich and cost of room doesn't matter)

As for the reviews about the bad neighborhood - your in downtown Miami what part of town did you want to stay in? Honestly though my whole time in Miami (9 days) I never once felt scared for my life walking around downtown Miami at night sometimes by my self!!!!

BEST PART - it was 3 blocks from the Ultra Music Festival grounds, and super close to some of the best Miami Music week parties (walking distance because you WILL NOT get a cab in Miami that week!)

Basic Room - Awesome Personable Service - Crap load of money saved on Hotel - WIN!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miami Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!