“The sound system is crisp.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County

Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
1300 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Carnival Center for the Performing Arts) (Downtown)
(305) 949-6722
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 194 Activities in Miami
Type: Performances, Theaters, Wellness & Spas
3 attraction reviews
“The sound system is crisp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you are in town and can catch a show, please do. The sound system is incredible. We took our family to see Les Miserables and it was an experience to remember.

Visited March 2013

South Florida, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“A disappointing "Fela!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I decided to visit the Arsht Center on my last night in Miami. When I lived in South Florida, this didn't exist so I was eager to give it a whirl. The center is striking from a distance. However, up close I was disappointed in the choice of some of the materials, which seemed cheap. The finishes could be better, but there appears to have been obvious cost-cutting in the bathrooms and on the grounds. I was also disappointed that a facility with so much glass did not make better use of lighting. Even the darkened Knight Hall should have been lit to take advantage of its facade and roof. As it were, large swaths just seemed uninviting, but again this struck me as an attempt to save money.

I was also disappointed in the touring production of "Fela!"I had never been overly eager to see it in New York or Washington but decided to give it a whirl. I was unable to connect with the disjointed story line, and the sound system was way too loud. My seats in the center of the second tier provided an excellent vantage point, but I left at intermission because I just wasn't enjoying the show.

I look forward to another visit to give the Arsht a second chance.

Visited March 2013
florida
7 attraction reviews
“beautiful facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great venue with convenient parking. Terrific opera and other events.Nice restaurant on premises. Close to downtown Miami and highway.

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I loved the architecture, and the place was really nice in every sense. Well organized. Big parking area. We went to see STOMP, and the surrounded sistem was great.

Visited January 2013
“Miami much more than beach shop and party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This city amaze me more everyday. Cultural life it's been improving
Ths Art center has a great program there is always something interesting to see
The location is easy to access in the center of the city

Visited November 2012

Travelers who viewed Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County also viewed

Been to Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.