“Very Good but not Awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 69th Street & Biscayne Blvd
“Very Good but not Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ate at Michy's on a recommendation from a friend. We went on a Sunday night and it was very busy. Go in the back entrance, as the front entrance takes you right into all the tables. If you valet park ($5 charge), then you will go in the back entrance. There is really no other option of parking spaces. The host and server were very nice. We didn't have to wait for our table or really for anything. The server was constantly there checking on us. I ordered the sweetbreads and my husband had the foie gras for an appetizer. Both were good, but a small portion on the sweetbreads for the price. For entrees, he had the short rib and I had the whole snapper. He said his short rib was tasty, and my fish was nice. Not exactly a whole snapper, as it had been fileted and presented with skin-on for just one side. Both my dishes had an asian flavor, which was very interesting. While the food was all very good, I just wasn't wowed by anything.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not sure why the great reveiws”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

A bit disappointed. Do not order the pasta dishes. Gummy and stuck together. Chopped seafood did not make any sense. Everyone at our table thought the restaurant was very overpriced.

Sarasota, Florida
“Fun and flavorful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Michy's was worth the taxi ride from Doral for our business group of four out-of-towners looking for quality food and a fun dining experience. Everyone raved about their dinners; the wine selection is fantastic; and its ambiance is lively. It was a memorable experience, and we all agreed that would enjoy going again. Thank you, Michy's!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth a trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing food, cute, eclectic decor. Try the ceviche and nothing will ever compare. Kind of an odd location with nothing much in walking distance, but as an avid Top Chef fan I wanted to try it out. This is my second trip and even better than the first.

Visited February 2013
Ft Lauderdale
“absolutely heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

this is my new favorite place, hands down. I've always been a fan if Michelle Bernstein (and not just because we share a name!) and finally was able to make my way to Michys tonight for my birthday. The atmosphere is quirky yet classy. The servers and managers are beyond friendly but the true treat, is the food. We started with the croquetas, AMAZING. Order the full portion, the half will NOT be enough. In fact, with a table of four, we ordered one full portion and after each having a bite we immediately ordered another. Simply amazing. The fig marmalade that comes with it is good even on its own. For entrees we had the mushroom risotto (perfectly cooked, insane with flavor) the carbonara (so delicate) the steak frite (amazing fried) and the special of the night which was a 14oz NY strip over a bed of sauteed spinach with bone marrow 'tots' and a marrow demi glace sauce. There was not a bite left. For dessert we ordered a baked alaska (so good, though the pistachio cake could have had a little less salt, but the awesome marshmallow made up for it) and the spiced chocolate fondue. I can honestly say this was place was one of the best restaurants I have been to in a LONG time. My only gripe, they don't have a full bar. Wine and beer only (craft beers) and I'm not a wine or beer drinker, so I didn't get to have a birthday drink. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a full bar, but it definitely didn't ruin the night in any way. I will definitely definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Michy's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Michy's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.