“Everything is great, besides short menu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Everything is great, besides short menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I am a frequent at the Coral Gables location, this location doesnt have sushi. Still great quality food. The water view is very nice. Very hard to get a table on weekend nights but it is worth the wait.

“A Mandatory Stop in North Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I always go to Houston's when in Miami and have never been disappointed.
They seem to be able to maintain their quality of food and service year in and year out.
Try the Ribs and try their 1/2 chicken. Both are great as are their steaks and when they have it on the menu, the pork chop.
Reasonable price.

Visited July 2014
“Mediocre Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

To be a ( very expensive ) Steak House, the Menu and the quality of the food is mediocre...
Not even a T-BONE is available !

I am Italian... ( on vacation...) I wonder why the place was PACKED !
Probably beacause most of people have not taste at all .. I know it...

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“First time to Houston's did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've visited my fair share of upscale restaurants and had really high expectations for my first visit to Houston's from everything I've been told. Unfortunately, the experience simply did not live up to those expectations. I visited with my father and brother on a Wednesday night in the middle of Summer and it was PACKED! Over an hour and 15 minutes wait at 7pm for 3 people. The bar area near the hostess was also absolutely packed for happy hour. One of the first things I noticed was how loud the place is. The dining hall and the bar area are not separated from each other so the overall noise becomes too much for an upscale establishment.

Once we were finally seated, we began with the Chicago-style Spinach Dip with salsa and warm tortilla chips. The spinach dip was truly delicious and had the perfect consistency. For an entree I ordered the Hawaiian Rib-Eye with pineapple sesame ginger marinade. I asked for medium heat but was brought medium-rate heat. Considering that I had already waited so long to be seated and for the food to come, I simply made do and enjoyed it. The delicious marinade was enough to make me forget the medium-rare aspect. While I enjoyed the steak, it was on par with any casual dining steak. Nothing to blow me away or live up to an upscale experience. For dessert we shared the delicious Warm Five-Nut Brownie.

One aspect of the visit to Houston's that really left me sour was the poor service. Our waitress was rather nonexistent throughout the meal. She never came over to refill our waters or bring us bread before the meal. After the entrees were brought over, she never came to check on us and see if we needed anything. It seems like the staff were given too many tables to deal with and simply couldn't handle it. I'm accustomed to the staff experience at places like Texas de Brazil where your glass never goes empty and plates are cleared promptly

Considering the $$$ price for Houston's, I unfortunately have to say it wasn't worth it. The experience did not live up to all the hype. I much rather prefer Cheesecake Factory where you get very good service (almost always) and great food. For great steak and great service, I'll stick with Texas de Brazil.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I went to Houstons at Aventura, nice place amazing bay view, reslly nice and professional service andvthe great moment of the night, THE DELICIOUS PRIME RIB!!! Dessert is not that good but i ranked with 5 Stars