“Singels spot in Coral Gables” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Caracas, Venezuela
“Singels spot in Coral Gables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Houston's nation wide is well know for it's quality of food and service and the Coral Gables location is no exception, specially if you are in your 40's and single or divorced... you may find many ladies interested in meeting you.

Visited February 2013

Hackettstown NJ
“Nice business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and u shaped booth. Had the tuna sashimi salad for lunch. Very good. They have the sushi made right in front of you. Use nearby valet as parking difficult.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Great Food - Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

There was about an half an hour line up when we arrived and we decided to wait it out. The venue was very pleasant and not too loud. We had the Filet Mignon, Salmon and Pork Chop- all of which was done to perfection. I am always hesitant when I order my Filet as I do not want it over or under cooked. It came as ordered medium rare.

We brought our own bottle of wine as there is no corkage fee. I think this is a GREAT feature for this restaurant.

One thing missing was that I would have liked to seen bread brought before our meal. Hopefully they will make this change.

FYI Key Lime Pie was just ok - as we all agreed we've had better.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jupiter, Florida
“What happened to this restaurant????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have eaten at the Houston's in N. Miami Beach many times over the past few years, and have been more than happy with their food and service. The past several times we ate there, we noticed more and more people bringing their small and infant children. We have nothing against children, but this is a expensive, fine dining restaurant and not the place for children to be screaming and running around unsupervised. This is exactly what happened on our last (and final) time at this restaurant. There were literally dozens of children, in strollers, crying, and those who could run, did. All over the restaurant. Nearly every table had kids playing on their I-Pads, crying, whining, and generally acting like little demons. That is not what I want when I am paying $100 for a nice dinner. The atmosphere has changed and it is more like a Chucky Cheese than the fine dining establishment it was meant to be. It is a shame, but apparently the management does not want to offend anyone by refusing to allow the kids to take over. The food is wonderful and staff are very professional, so I really hate to eliminate this restaurant from my list, but I don't want to eat in a day-care facility. The four of us had the worst dining experience ever due to the children. Sorry, Houston's, but while that may be hard to swallow, it is the truth. And many other couples and adults were commenting on the same problem.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Miami, Florida
“First for everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was my first time going to this restaurant. My brother chose it for our outing that day and I didnt know what to expect. You drive in to complimentary valet (always a plus). Being off the bay, you expect any restaurant in the area to have a wide sea-food spread, but being allergic to sea food, you also hope that for your sake there are other alternatives. There was a decent variety to choose from. My brother had the ribs and it huge rack. I had the chicken breast sandwich; nothing too spectacular about that. There is a GREAT view if you sit near the water. A bit pricey but for some of the items, the saying "you get what you pay for" applies. My biggest turnoff was the fact that one of the staff members decided to vacuum while there were guests(including myself) seated & eating.

• Visited May 2013