“This is what Dante must have been describing.....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #233 of 295 things to do in Miami
Miami
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“This is what Dante must have been describing.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Sister-in-law's birthday extravaganza. Paid top dollar for reserving upstairs VIP lounge, and TOP DOLLAR for booze. Spent close to $700 on a party of 10. No air, so about 15 minutes in, and since the house was so packed with people, I was just about suffocating. Fine, I'll take a walk outside to get some fresh air. Nope!!!! If you leave, you have to stay out. Pre-pubescent bouncers are "firm" on this even though I see some people that are apparently able to "bypass" this rule. So here I am, stuck in an upstairs lounge, where the music is SO LOUD, you have to scream to talk to the person next to you; it is so hot, that you should forget about dressing nice because there is no point, and there's nothing I can do about it.......AND I PAID FOR THIS! HAHA!!! Jokes on me. As a Miami native, I had been here about ten years earlier and swore then that I'd never go back. This time I won't make myself out to be a liar. To throw them a couple bones: music is "above average" if your into modern latin music, and the food is actually decent.