“Where's the AC” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Dance Club/ Discos
Attraction Details
“Where's the AC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Too many people allowed and not enough cool air running. Girls take a scrunchie because everyone gets too sweaty. The outside area is nice where they play mostly house.

Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
8 attraction reviews
“It was nice before, now not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Been here a couple of times while in Miami. My first 2 visits to the place were really fun; enjoyed the hot crowd. Last time, not so much.

Visited May 2011
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

It's a must go to place...I didn't think it was gonna be as good as I thought it was...gorgeous women, good atmosphere...I can say it does get extremely packed but that's the fun of it

Visited December 2010
Miami, Florida
“My Favorite Place In Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

This is the best club in Miami. I first read the reviews and was a little hesitant to have my birthday there. My husband booked it regardless and I am thrilled he did! It is a beautiful place. I reminds of Pasha in Ibiza, beautiful mosaic work, nice tiki hut. They have mist fans and millions of them so it was not hot at all. The service was fabulous, the drinks were great and since it isn’t South Beach the bottles were really inexpensive. I can’t wait to go back. I have only lived in Miami for two years and I just found out they were the oldest club in town, over twenty years. I can understand why. Incredible place!!!!!!

Miami
“La Covacha - a hot, sweaty, annoying carnival of totalitarianism”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My experience was similar to XanderGomez....Paid around $700 for "VIP" room upstairs (small 20x20 loft), and got anything but VIP service. Music was blaring, extremely hot and limited access to the rest of the club.
There is a small army of black shirted "bouncers" directing and re-directing traffic and each giving contradictory instructions as well as an annoying laberynth of "velvet ropes" and checkpoints that virtually eliminate any kind of flow through the club.
This place is awesome if you are in the mood to be told what to do and when to do it, while at the same time paying $10 a pop for stingy pours...this is Doral people, not South Beach.
The bar maids are smoking hot, but about as bright as a box of hammers, they didnt know how to make a Long Island, were out of Coke and were unable to locate the Patron in the reach in cooler
This place is more about telling you what to do than it is about letting you enjoy yourself.
I guess VIP stands for something other than "Very Important Person" at this place. We wont be doing any more events at La Covacha anytime soon