“It was nice before, now not so much” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 104 Nightlife in Miami
Type: Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
8 attraction reviews
“It was nice before, now not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Been here a couple of times while in Miami. My first 2 visits to the place were really fun; enjoyed the hot crowd. Last time, not so much.

Visited May 2011

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

It's a must go to place...I didn't think it was gonna be as good as I thought it was...gorgeous women, good atmosphere...I can say it does get extremely packed but that's the fun of it

Visited December 2010
Miami, Florida
“My Favorite Place In Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

This is the best club in Miami. I first read the reviews and was a little hesitant to have my birthday there. My husband booked it regardless and I am thrilled he did! It is a beautiful place. I reminds of Pasha in Ibiza, beautiful mosaic work, nice tiki hut. They have mist fans and millions of them so it was not hot at all. The service was fabulous, the drinks were great and since it isn’t South Beach the bottles were really inexpensive. I can’t wait to go back. I have only lived in Miami for two years and I just found out they were the oldest club in town, over twenty years. I can understand why. Incredible place!!!!!!

Miami
“La Covacha - a hot, sweaty, annoying carnival of totalitarianism”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My experience was similar to XanderGomez....Paid around $700 for "VIP" room upstairs (small 20x20 loft), and got anything but VIP service. Music was blaring, extremely hot and limited access to the rest of the club.
There is a small army of black shirted "bouncers" directing and re-directing traffic and each giving contradictory instructions as well as an annoying laberynth of "velvet ropes" and checkpoints that virtually eliminate any kind of flow through the club.
This place is awesome if you are in the mood to be told what to do and when to do it, while at the same time paying $10 a pop for stingy pours...this is Doral people, not South Beach.
The bar maids are smoking hot, but about as bright as a box of hammers, they didnt know how to make a Long Island, were out of Coke and were unable to locate the Patron in the reach in cooler
This place is more about telling you what to do than it is about letting you enjoy yourself.
I guess VIP stands for something other than "Very Important Person" at this place. We wont be doing any more events at La Covacha anytime soon

Miami
8 attraction reviews
“This is what Dante must have been describing.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Sister-in-law's birthday extravaganza. Paid top dollar for reserving upstairs VIP lounge, and TOP DOLLAR for booze. Spent close to $700 on a party of 10. No air, so about 15 minutes in, and since the house was so packed with people, I was just about suffocating. Fine, I'll take a walk outside to get some fresh air. Nope!!!! If you leave, you have to stay out. Pre-pubescent bouncers are "firm" on this even though I see some people that are apparently able to "bypass" this rule. So here I am, stuck in an upstairs lounge, where the music is SO LOUD, you have to scream to talk to the person next to you; it is so hot, that you should forget about dressing nice because there is no point, and there's nothing I can do about it.......AND I PAID FOR THIS! HAHA!!! Jokes on me. As a Miami native, I had been here about ten years earlier and swore then that I'd never go back. This time I won't make myself out to be a liar. To throw them a couple bones: music is "above average" if your into modern latin music, and the food is actually decent.

Been to La Covacha? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Covacha, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.