“It was just okay to me” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 115 Nightlife in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“It was just okay to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really wanted to like this club more. Unfortunately it was just okay for me. I don't know how I feel about this concept of having clubs divided into numerous smaller themed rooms. I think it works in a large club in which the rooms are quite specious but some of the rooms at Twist had poor flow or didn't allow adequate room for dancing. It also took a while to get going and the staff was just okay as well as the music. I still had a good time don't get me wrong but I'd like to see what else Sobe has to offer on my next trip to Miami. Twist in Ft. Lauderdale, however, was a blast.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank White2tn

Clearwater, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A great gay Night Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Twist is the night club I go every time I am in Miami. What can I say? The place is spacious, the service is good and there is always things happening there. It is relaxing and fun. Since the club has multiple different areas it can please any taste and crowd. No wonder I keep coming back year after year.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Craziest night ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place is so much fun, I'm fairly sure we were the only girls in the whole place! Awesome crowd of guys who know how to dance! :)

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best gay club in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Twist is like 7 different clubs all in one -- house, pop, Latin, go-go strippers, etc. -- and the best part is there's no cover and once you enter, you can roam around the whole place as much as you want until they kick you out at 5:00am. Find a bartender you like in one room (my fave is Achilles in the Latin room) and just keep going back to him -- it will make life easier for both of you. On a really popular night, try to get there early (before 12:00) or the line to get in might be really long. Only real downside -- smoking is allowed everywhere. Gross.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jonathan O
London, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“7 bars in one. Great place to hang out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from Miami and glad to see that Twist is still going strong.

I think I heard someone say there were soon celebrating their 20th year!

7 bars, one location:
- neigbourhood bar at the front
- cottage-type building out back with male dancers, drag shows and contests
- patio bar
- latinn dance bar
- and on the second level - the busy main bar - capably handled by Nathan (for 12 years)
- a dark dance bar
- another chill bar

1) never a cover charge
2) they accept Visa (minimum $30)
3) reasonably priced drinks
4) excellent security prevents trouble
5) great music in each area

Just a great place to hang out with friends or alone in South Beach

Visited February 2013