“NOT upscale, but LOTS OF FUN” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Space

Club Space
34 NE 11 Street, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)
1-305-372-9378
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #133 of 294 things to do in Miami
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 256 helpful votes
“NOT upscale, but LOTS OF FUN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Keep your expectations low, have an open mind, enjoy house music, and you will have fun. This place has a few trade offs that you just need to accept, if your going to have a good time. The Club does not open till midnight, its anywhere from $30 and up cover at the door, depending on what DJ is playing..........expect to pay lots more for big name DJ. The lines in front are always long, heard you can buy tickets on line and bypass the door line. (also had friends pay more on line than it costs at the door......go figure) The night i went they were throwing down the TRAP music downstairs, with 2 different House Music areas on the 2nd floor. Its standing room only, unless you get a table. Table was about $500 and included 1 bottle.......call in advance and make a table reservation as they sell out. Heard the place is open till after noon on Sunday........we left at 7am......it was cool to see the dawn sunlight coming in through the "ceiling" on the Terrace. Dancing at Dawn in Club Space Miami, at least once, should be on everyones bucket list. Overall i thought the place was dingy and dirty, definitely NOT an upscale place. BUT WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME, that the negatives were canceled out. Most people were very casually dressed.......jeans and tee shirt, unit 4am, when the clubs on the beach close and the "well dressed" showed up. If your looking for Upscale go to Club LIV in the Fontainebleau on Miami Beach

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Miami Music Week Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Huge venue with three huge rooms - sound never bleeds over into the next room - I definite must during Miami Music Week!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“CLub Space Experience during Miami Music Week. Trust me, do not go here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently attended Miami Music Week for Ultra Music festival among other things. I detest Club Space and will never buy a ticket to this venue again. The people that work there are condescending and expect tips to give any service at all. I hope this warning finds you well. Attached is an email detailing my nearly unbelievable experience. I hope you don't even try to go there as it is not worth it and has nothing but bad vibes. I e-mailed them over a week ago and still have not received a response therefore I must help through reviews.

"To Club Space Owners, Promoters, and Staff,

If I do not receive a proper response, I will create a website devoted to sharing my experiences at your club. Friday, March 15th myself and 4 friends went to Day 1 of ultra and purchased weeks in advance tickets to Club Space for the Datsik after party. We emailed in advance to see if they would be letting people in right after the festival in summer clothes as it is 80 degrees in Miami and pants aren't appropriate for a 10 hour concert in a park. The girl said we should be fine.

Now the story. We get to space around 1 after getting food and immediately the bouncer at the door says we can't get in due to wearing shorts. He then directs us to go into the alley down the block to buy pants out of some guys trunk who I am assuming paid the door guy to do this. So, we go buy pants and spend $20 each. We are disappointed at this point but we came there to have a good time so whatever we wait on line.

For some reason this club likes having a line so we are on line for at least an hour and our ticket says before 2 so we showed up at 1. We get to the bouncer after two at which point he says we can't get in because my friend has a tank top on. We explain the ridiculous pants story and he says okay but before he lets us in decides not to because we have camelbacks. I assure him they are empty have no liquid or items and we will check them or tip the bartender to hold them. Instead this roid head's ego makes him kick us off of the line. We don't give up yet as we still are there to have fun and see the artists we paid to see.

So we go back to the guy that told us to buy pants and the manager. They say no problem and then we wait at some exclusive line on the front right. We wait there for 20 minutes patiently with no avail. Finally, the bouncer says okay so what are you guys going to do for me. As I said we were on vacation in Miami and spent thousands of dollars on this trip and over 200 on tickets to this show so I take out $10 at which point he laughs at me and we just walk away in defeat. I don't know how you guys do business, but I have never been treated so poorly in my life than at your establishment.

I don't know if this is your policy or if there is simply no oversight but wow. So between the $50 cab ride to your club the $50 cab ride back to the hotel after waiting 2 hours to not get in the $45 a head for 5 people and the 3 hours of our time I would say you wasted about $500 of our hard earned cash and ruined our day of vacation. I usually would end an email politely but I don't see how in this situation. Good luck running your business this way. In New York we give good service to receive tips; we don't expect tips to receive any service at all."

Beware. If you are in Miami head to Grand Central or Mekka. Way better vibes.

Deltona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“ripped off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I bought my tickets online through there website. I waited inline for about an hour to two hours to get in. By the time we got to the final bouncers, we missed the main event, Datsik, and the bouncer said we had to pay $25 more each to get in.Then the bouncer tried to make us pay $35 per person but we got away with paying the ticket girl $25. We already invested $30 per ticket, so we went ahead and paid them. We walk in and there is no special lighting, just a boxed room with a stage, a bar and a dance floor. One of the lamiest clubs I have ever seen. One guy was dancing with led gloves and they kicked him out, but there was a couple in the back having sex that they let continue. Just Gross. I do have a nice thing to say the music was good and the bathrooms were clean. Definetly, not worth the price. I would not recommened anyone to go here.

Orlando
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My favorite club of all time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'm really into house music and this place truly makes me happy every time I go!!! I just went to see one of my favorite dj's Loco Dice perform and wow what a night!! The only thing that got me really pissed off was that one of the VIP staff would not let me in VIP with ALL of my friends because of my shoes.. I was wearing Michael Kors high top sneakers that were probably worth more than his whole outfit. This pissed me off a bit but other than that the club is usually really chill, with a lot of likeminded people who are there for one purpose and only one purpose for the love of the music. Wow what an amazing night!!!! Jackie Richie is an amazing promoter and is always there whenever i have any questions before i get into town. I live a few hours away and sometimes its nice to have someone as knowledgeable as Jackie to answer any of my questions.

Visited February 2013