“Very Pleasant First Experience with BW Premier” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Virginia
“Very Pleasant First Experience with BW Premier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent a short one-night visit to the Best Western Premier at Kendall Airport in late November 2013. This was my first experience with the "Premier" brand for BW and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel opened within the year and is understandably in excellent shape. Location was convenient and parking was ample. Check-in was fine, though there I never did receive several items associated with my rate. I had booked a Harley-Davidson special, which was to include drink and appetizer coupons. I never received this when I checked in, which was a disappointment, especially since it was wasted money for me.

That aside, the room as excellent. I had a king room facing the airport-side of the hotel. I'm not sure if my room was standard, but I loved the layout. There was a large sink area outside the bathroom. Only complaint about the bathroom would be the shower. While I prefer walk-in showers to tubs, this one only had a half-glass door, which got messy.

The bed faced the window, which was a nice layout I have not seen many times before. I really liked that.

Breakfast was standard "free" fare, but it was hot. No complaints whatsoever.

All in all I give the BW Premier high marks, particularly at this price point. My only recommendation would be to closely check which BW you book with. There are several in the area, including at least two Premier locations in Kendall. It led to some confusion among folks with whom I was traveling.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked this hotel for 2 nights on the strength of good reviews on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations and WELL below the standard I would expect for a Best Western Plus. Warning signs were there when we got in the elevator and the certificate of operation had expired 6 months previously... Good points: Room was spacious, reasonably well equipped, breakfast adequate. Bad points: Room overlooked a field of broken airport equipment. Difficult to get through stubborn, badge-controlled door to swimming pool, only to find water in pool was icy cold. Room not clean on arrival - dirty plate on microwave (still there on second day), area under microwave dusty. No shower gel in bathroom. Met with rudeness by receptionist when we asked for glasses for drinking water (rather than the horrid plastic cups provided). Wifi in room was erratic. Noisy room at night. Breakfast - scrambled egg trays empty, had to wait 15 minutes to have these replenished which took us beyond restaurant closing time. Worse of all - bed not made up on returning to hotel for second night's stay (see photo). Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert10398, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Jagjile,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please be assured that our Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel and Suites meets all Dade County requirements including the Elevator inspection, in fact the newly arrived certificate its posted in the elevators now. We can't control the time that takes Dade County to provide the certificates.

We try to provide security to access our pool so I apologize if this was also an issue during your recent stay with us. We will try our best to look into the matter to make it easier to access the pool area. Our hotel also has more items in our breakfast than any other in our market and we also offer the largest amount of seating. I'm sorry that we run out of scrambled eggs during your stay with us. I also discussed this survey with our housekeeping manager.

Again, I am so sorry to read our facilities did not meet your expectations during this visit but would like to thank you for your feedback.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a nice hotel. It is across the street from the executive airport. It is tucked in on the edge of an industrial area. Restaurants and needs shopping are close. The turnpike is a few miles away and can be a challenge based on traffic.
Breakfast (free) was OK but not as nice as other hotels in the same class. Room was clean.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Albany, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a great hotel. Someone has gone into great thought to make so many delightful touches to this hotel. I have never seen so many power points, ever. They were everywhere in abundance. Even the microwave had two power points to plug into on the front (but why would you?). Lights are everywhere of great quality. The bed is the best you'd ever sleep in. The room is clean and very well appointed. Even though it is across the road from a small plane airport, I never heard a thing. The price is very good value (~$139) and the staff, foyer and bar are excellent. The bartender was extremely good at making cocktails and giving advice on what food we could order from local restaurants and have it delivered (the hotel only provides breakfast and small nibbly type meals). From the quality of the soap, shampoo, shower head, tables, lights, pillows, sheets and fast free wifi .... it is all really really good. My wife and I were very impressed with this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wayne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing our hotel during your visit to Miami.

I was so glad to read that you noticed all the little details that went into the design of our beautiful hotel including the power outlets, pillow top bed, fast Wi-Fi, bath supplies and breakfast items.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning our bartender and our friendly staff.

Whenever I read surveys such as yours that noticed even the little details, makes all of us at the Best Western Plus Kendall Airport hotel very happy that we are doing a good job.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we do hope to see you next time you visit Miami.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i had a layover at the tamiami airport and was referred to the best western to get a few drinks. The bartender named Chris was real friendly and helpful. i would recommend this bar to anyone traveling in and out of the kendall tamiami airport.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Robert10398, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tony.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and our beautiful bar.

We are very proud to offer a beautiful bar to our guests since there are no other hotels in the area that can offer this service.

We are very happy to have Chris as our bartender since we continue to received positive reviews about his friendliness and delicious drinks. I will share this review with him.

I will love for other guests such as yourself to experience our happy hour and delicious appetizers offer in our lobby bar.

I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for getting ready for my wedding and I couldn't have been happier with my experience! I had the pleasure to be taken care of by Jenelly in the front desk. She had been my contact since I called months prior to making the reservation and answered my many questions patiently and kindly. She's one of the main reasons why I chose to book the hotel. I had called another hotel previously and they were so short with me I didn't like it, but when I called her she congratulated me on the wedding and helped me a lot. Although she couldn't guarantee a late check out, she assured me to do the best in granting it the day of- and she did. I got a complimentary late check out at 2 pm and because we were not ready yet, management even allowed me until 3 PM- at no additional charge!!! Now, it may have been a special case because it was my wedding day- but it was very nice nonetheless!!! The actual hotel is very nice and new!! The room was ample, bed super comfy, bathroom nice and everything was so clean. The room decor actually looked nice for my pictures as well. Hot breakfast included was very nice and good too. The lobby is pretty. Overall, I had an excellent stay and it was a great beginning to one of the most important days of my life. Thank you Jenelly and BWP! I'll recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Luluz8.

I would like to congratulate you for your wedding and thank you for staying with us during this special day.

We feel very fortunate to have the wonderful staff that we have in the hotel including Jenelly at the front desk. We all try our best to provide the best service possible to all of our guests and we are very appreciative when we get reviews such as yours. I was so pleased to read how Jenelly handled your reservations and also your check out.

This was a very special day and we are happy that we were able to make it a memorable one. Thank you for mentioning that you liked our hotel and amenities.

We hope that you will visit us again in the near future and thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We couldn't ask for anything else.

Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was an amazing hotel. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. With internet we were able to take care of things we would not have been able until we got home. The breakfast far surpassed our expectations. We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed exercising in the fitness center. I was a wonderful stay and we will stay there again when we visit Miami.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robert10398, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Isabel H.

I was so glad to read that you found our hotel to be amazing, clean and with a comfortable bed.

We recently upgraded our Wi-Fi and we have seen a lot of positive responses, so I was glad to read that you were able to take care of things while in the hotel. I was also glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast variety and used our fitness center.

We want to be the destination in Miami were you can get things done while still having a great stay and a great service by our staff.

Isabel, I do hope that you will visit us again soon and thank you for your positive review.

Robert Perez, General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!