“Nice tour of the Miami Everglades (and a couple of gators)” 4 of 5 stars

24050 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33194
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 48 Nature & Parks in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit us deep in the Everglades! At Gator Park you will see all sorts of wildlife as you take an Airboat Ride into the Everglades National Park!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Gurnee, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice tour of the Miami Everglades (and a couple of gators)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The first thing on my mind when planning for a Miami trip was to tour the Everglades and catch some gator actions. I have always wanted to ride the airboat ever since I saw it in an old TV series called Everglades (circa 1961-62). I didn't realize there were so many Everglades tour to choose from. After long hours of reading the reviews and searching for deals, I decided to choose Gator Park.

For obvious reasons, Gator Park offers cheaper admission if you buy their tickets online ($5 off) which makes them the cheapest admission among others, plus they provide free earplugs too (for the loud airboat engine noise). On top of this, they also have coupons on their website for some deals (including free gator tooth). If you can't get to the computer, they have coupons at the hotels too, but the coupon is only for $3 off.

If you buy the tickets online, you can pay by credit card or PayPal. I chose to pay via PayPal since I just had to click on the link and logon to PayPal without having to enter all the info needed for a credit card payment. However upon showing my receipt at the park counter, I had to wait about 15 minutes for them to verify my PayPal payment has gone through. This was not cool for me since I already have a printed receipt from PayPal showing that I have made the payment. The wait wasn't necessary at all. Finally I got the tickets after the cashier realized it was too long a wait.

The 30-minute airboat ride was really fun. Although we had our ears plugged, we could still hear the guide's loud voice explaining about the area. I was expecting a lot of gators around, but we could only see three gators during the trip. There a variety of plants around as well as herons and turtles.

The best part of the tour is the gator show where we can see this guy wrestling a gator up close. Finally we had the chance to hold a baby gator for a donation of $3. In summary, we enjoyed the tour and it was worth the $18 admission fee.

1 Thank fariffin

• Finnish first
Monte Sereno, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The airboat ride was a highlight of our whole Keys trip. We only saw a few alligators, but after having a tour of the Everglades where we saw many gators, we were there for the boat ride. It was a blast and the wildlife show afterward was short, but very interesting and fun, too. A must in the Everglades.

Hanford, California, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Love Me Some Gator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

It was an awesome tour, ( saw 2 crocs), show and photo ops with baby gator. The staff were very helpful and knowledgable about the wildlife. It was a cool experience. Highly recommended and the price ain't bad either.

United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

the tour guide Al was great. Very knowledgable and funny. I was a bit disappointed that the boat i was in was flat instead of the seats of varying heights which made it a bit difficult to see much if you're not tall. Only saw one gator (wrong time of year i think). I skipped the show but did the tourist thing and paid to have my pic taken with a young gator. In the gift shop, avoid the indian artworks as they are not genuine (very tiny writing stating this). Overall though, a good morning.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Meet The Wildlife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

A few miles out from Miami. We were given an excellent airboat experience (Austin the airboat driver was very knowledgeable) around part of the Everglades also seeing the habitat of the Alligators and other wildlife. After this there was an opportunity to meet close up. (At extra cost we had a picture holding it) a (Baby) 4 foot long Alligator. Really fun place and well organised, highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank PAOakes

Been to Gator Park? Share your experiences!