“Trains, trains, trains” 5 of 5 stars

Everett, Washington
73 attraction reviews
“Trains, trains, trains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2015

Besides simply having so many trains, both under shelter and outside, a huge attraction is not just seeing them but going inside. It was easy to spend a few hours there to take it all in.

Most interesting was the Presidential train car, used by Roosevelt, Truman, and Eisenhower. For a small extra fee the museum's executive director, Lilia Fontana, gave us a fascinating tour of the interior. (I'd seen the car's exterior previously as a small boy when Truman made his whistle stops, but he never invited me in.)

A number of model trains were set up and running in a large room out in the train yard.

We appreciated how this museum ties together history, mechanical things, transportation, and life in America.

Visited May 2015

Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Visitors to railway museums are probably well aware of the fact that what is on display is frequently in need of care and attention. Many exhibits have probably suffered the deprivations of time, weather, and vandalism for far too long. Repair, renovation, and reconstruction is expensive, so your modest payment to view what is available will naturally help preserve what is here. Viewing is a pleasant walk with helpful staff to provide answers to questions. What you will see will be rather special, but you probably need to have a love for the steam railroad to get the most out of what is on show. Allow yourself two hours of peaceful viewing.

Visited April 2015
Miami
27 attraction reviews
“Great place to learn some history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

The location next to Zoo Miami is great to make a day of exploration in this area. You need about 2 hours to explore the train cars. There is also a train ride available for an extra cost.

Visited February 2015
3 attraction reviews
“Don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

I went for day out thomas. I thought it would be fun for my 3 years old. But we waste our money. It doesn't worth at all. The ride only take 10-15min or less and there's nothing to see. Thought we would go around and inside the train but it close.

Miami, Florida
“A Day Out with Thomas…A Day of Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Don't go to this event. I visited the "Day Out with Thomas" event on Saturday, March 14, 2015, with my family and was extremely disappointed. I entered the park and was told by the entrance ticket collectors to follow the red line 15 minutes prior to my boarding time in order to board the Thomas train. It is important to note that the only reason for attending this event was for the Thomas train, as the other "events" surrounding the train were less than amusing for my toddler. Fifteen minutes prior to my boarding time, I walked the red line and quickly saw approximately 100 people standing in semi-formed lines. I was very perplexed by the lack of order, especially since Thomas employees were sitting, in conductor overalls, without giving any guidance or structure to the formation of the lines. Then, one overall wearing conductor informed us to "come back in 45 minutes, the train is broken." We then learned that the train had been broken for some time. My husband and I were both extremely upset that we drove approximately 50 minutes to get to the event, purchased a $20 ticket per person online, and walked through an entrance gate where an employee, whom I later learned knew of the train break down, did not inform us of the break down. We quickly attempted to get a refund for the event. I was not alone, of course. A group of customers, also extremely upset by the lack of notice, attempted to get refunds. The supervisor, whom reluctantly came out to help us was extremely hostile, disrespectful, and dismissive of everyone's complaint. Her name is Liliana; she was in fact hiding in a kiosk after she learned the group of people were upset. We inquired why we were not told that the train was broken. She did not give an answer. We were finally told (40 minutes later) that we needed to go through the online vendor for a refund. I left the event very disappointed. I believe that the event committed fraud and theft. They were accepting money and offering to provide a service that they in fact could not provide. They were lying to each person who bought a ticket. It was disgusting and disgraceful. I know the company who provides this Thomas Day Out service travels. Please spread the word so that more do not fall victim to their pranks.

Visited March 2015