“Watch your back” 1 of 5 stars

Miami, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Watch your back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went for the Preakness stakes. I was looking for a teller to bet and a place to count my money, when I turned around a man locked eyes with me. It was awkward. He kept going just past me and stopped to tie his shoe. I went the other way and jumped on the escalator. About half way up I turned around and he was behind me again. I got off on the second floor and looked for security, but there wasn't any. So I walked toward the tellers. The guy walked out to the grandstand, so I RAN out of the place and will not return.

Visited June 2013

east kilbride
3 attraction reviews
“Good viewing and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had read mixed reviews of the Race Course but decided to go during our visit to Hollywood. I liked the fact that the paddock was near the course and betting hall, so that i could see the horses in the paddock and then nip inside to place my bet before the off. Good viewing area, especially the home straight. Good fun afternoon and managed to pick 4 winners which made it even more enjoyable. Would definitely visit the course again.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida, Usa
3 attraction reviews
“Great place, lots of fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I thought this was a great place to visit. Its not as grandiose as Gulfstream Park or Churchill Downs but its a great clean place. The negative reviews I've read scared me off a bit but when I went I thought it was a wonderful clean place. They keep it well manicured and clean. They have great wings you can eat while you watch the race!! So go enjoy this laid back race track.

Visited April 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Calder race course needs overhaul”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been going to Calder since it opened in 1971. Now the track is a racino. The casino looks nice and has all the slot machines anyone could want.
The race track is another story. The track is in deep need of repair and renovation.
The seats inside the track are all very uncomfortable.The track looks dingy. They obviously don't care about horse racing anymore. The casino appears to be the only thing important to the owners of this racecino.
The race track has all but eliminated ticket sellers and cashiers during their simulcasting at night.
The casino has a tiny room for betting. However, if you win, you have to trek all the way back into the track to cash in your ticket. Ridiculous! Talk about cheap. Add a do it yourself race track cashing machine.
Calder is close to my house. However, I will be taking a longer ride to Gulfstream or Mardi Gras until I hear Twin spires has spent some money to fix up the race track.

Visited December 2012
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida
“You Can Horse Around Here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Calder Race Track is a great way to spend and afternoon enjoying the power and majesty of race horses. The excitment builds as the jockey's leave the paddock and circle around the gardens before entering the race track itself. What's great about Calder is that you can see the horses and jockey's, "up close." You can bet as little as you like, or nothing at all. Grand Stand entrance is free.

Come out and enjoy the thrill of a day at the races!

Visited September 2012