“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars

Leamington Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 NE 1st Street, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #117 of 130 hotels in Miami
East Lansing, Michigan
“Worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I came to Miami to get on a cruise ship and had to spend a night in Miami. This was the most expensive hotel I ever stayed and also the one with the worst conditions. Very disappointed. Glad it was only one night. The room was small. The carpet had stains on it. I was with my wife but we had two very small beds. I think they were single beds because there was no way two people could fit on them. The bathroom was even worse. When I looked in there I was shocked to see mold on the walls and the tub. I only used the bathroom to wash my hands and did it carefully to make sure I don't touch anything. The only positive was the free shuttle to the Port of Miami the next morning. I was glad to get out of there. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I don't think they have better rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms look nothing like they say they are on the internet. The room and shower had holes and mold everywhere. The room and the carpet had the "old carpet" smell. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, ITS A JOKE. YOU WILL REGRET WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is not the best one in Miami, but is great for the Ultra Festival. it is located 200mts from the front door of the Festival. Its cheap and has a great location, you dont need anything else if you want to travel cheap.

Room Tip: If you booked on November for the Festival you will have a great deal if you stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

just needed a room fr friends of mine. we found the special 45 us rate so i went by had a look at the room and was never ever so happy i actually did this. remember bate's motel from ''psycho''? this is it. old ,rusting elevator, white ,sterile rooms, broken blinds, smelling (to be polite) bath rooms and hall ways. i actually was scared to have this cnsidered for friends. a definite no-go. awful,awful place. we then opted for the hyatt which was at 89 plus tax. worlds apart !!!
don't ruin your holidays , don;t even think about getting this cave. yukkkkk

Room Tip: get a different hotel, really !!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews after staying at this hell hole for 1 night, I can relate to the horrible experiences and reinforce to others considering to stay here to think twice, do not ruin your vacation or miami experience. On arrival the girl at the front desk was busily texting on her phone and disinterested in her job. When we got to the room we were very disappointed. It seemed as if they'd used pics on their website from 20 years ago.. It smelt just as previously described "urine and bleach"..we spent that night out as long as we could and was just gonna put up with it to sleep. The next morning we realised there were no towels and the amenities were tester packs of shampoo and toothpaste. I attempted a shower but only put my toe in as it was disgustingly sticky. There was bacteria growing on the tiles. We requested a change of room at the front desk. The lady there told us she could show us one but it would be the same quality. We went up and checked, it was slightly better and had towels this time. Later that evening we returned to complete our last night of horror at this place but when we got to our room we realised it didnt have air conditioning. We packed up dragged our luggage down 4 flights of stairs (because of course their lift was busted) and demanded to speak to the manager for a refund. At this point we didnt care if we had to sleep at the airport and even the car. The manager offered a different room again, but we had had it. They did do a full refund thankfully and as we collected up our belongings in the lobby another couple who had just checked in, immediately came back down and refunded their stay too. They told us they took one look at the room and thought "hell no!" I urge you all to read the reviews and save your money and time, I wish I had.

• Stayed June 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

the pictures are not reality, when u get there, u find old, dark rooms, with plastic broken curtains, horrible look, bad guest services, they seem to hate their job. should be shut down, needs urgent
renovation!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The place is just straight up disgusting... Only reason we stayed was because we flew into ft lauderdale at 6am and needed some rest and something to do before boarding our cruise. $112 later for maybe an Hours worth of sleep was so not worth it. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead. We tried to go to the holiday inn, but they were booked. If I ever head down there again I will make sure I have other arrangements before setting foot in there. You know it's bad when you're checking out and someone asks you if you think the hotel is as nasty as they do!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Leamington Hotel? Share your experiences!