“in and out............scary , dated and dark.” 1 of 5 stars

Leamington Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 NE 1st Street, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Beverly Hills, California
“in and out............scary , dated and dark.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

just needed a room fr friends of mine. we found the special 45 us rate so i went by had a look at the room and was never ever so happy i actually did this. remember bate's motel from ''psycho''? this is it. old ,rusting elevator, white ,sterile rooms, broken blinds, smelling (to be polite) bath rooms and hall ways. i actually was scared to have this cnsidered for friends. a definite no-go. awful,awful place. we then opted for the hyatt which was at 89 plus tax. worlds apart !!!
don't ruin your holidays , don;t even think about getting this cave. yukkkkk

Room Tip: get a different hotel, really !!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews after staying at this hell hole for 1 night, I can relate to the horrible experiences and reinforce to others considering to stay here to think twice, do not ruin your vacation or miami experience. On arrival the girl at the front desk was busily texting on her phone and disinterested in her job. When we got to the room we were very disappointed. It seemed as if they'd used pics on their website from 20 years ago.. It smelt just as previously described "urine and bleach"..we spent that night out as long as we could and was just gonna put up with it to sleep. The next morning we realised there were no towels and the amenities were tester packs of shampoo and toothpaste. I attempted a shower but only put my toe in as it was disgustingly sticky. There was bacteria growing on the tiles. We requested a change of room at the front desk. The lady there told us she could show us one but it would be the same quality. We went up and checked, it was slightly better and had towels this time. Later that evening we returned to complete our last night of horror at this place but when we got to our room we realised it didnt have air conditioning. We packed up dragged our luggage down 4 flights of stairs (because of course their lift was busted) and demanded to speak to the manager for a refund. At this point we didnt care if we had to sleep at the airport and even the car. The manager offered a different room again, but we had had it. They did do a full refund thankfully and as we collected up our belongings in the lobby another couple who had just checked in, immediately came back down and refunded their stay too. They told us they took one look at the room and thought "hell no!" I urge you all to read the reviews and save your money and time, I wish I had.

• Stayed June 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

the pictures are not reality, when u get there, u find old, dark rooms, with plastic broken curtains, horrible look, bad guest services, they seem to hate their job. should be shut down, needs urgent
renovation!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The place is just straight up disgusting... Only reason we stayed was because we flew into ft lauderdale at 6am and needed some rest and something to do before boarding our cruise. $112 later for maybe an Hours worth of sleep was so not worth it. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead. We tried to go to the holiday inn, but they were booked. If I ever head down there again I will make sure I have other arrangements before setting foot in there. You know it's bad when you're checking out and someone asks you if you think the hotel is as nasty as they do!

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight, it was okay. Its not the Holiday Inn, but it will do for a overnight stay. no issues with cleaniness or staff. My husband and I found the elevator to be pretty neat. Nice area across from beach, small shopping stores and corner resturant for late night burger. If your looking for a cheap convenient place next to port of miami i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel after I decided to stay an extra night in Miami. After checking in and being in the room for less than a minute, I knew I couldn't stay here. Room smelled like urine and bleach. Floors are shaky and un level. The door wouldn't close properly(it was a crack in it when closed). Elevators were not electrical, you had to ring a bell for a man to come and turn a wheel until you get to your floor. We ended up getting our money back and booking another room.

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I regret more than ever that I didn't look at any reviews before booking this hotel, being totally misled by the photos on the website...
This hotel is like a prison, with staff speaking poor English eating dinner behind service desk, an elevator which makes you worry if you will ever get to the floor your room is on. If you book any room here with breakfast option, be prepared to have just toast and what can prob pass off as a cheap dessert cake, the coffee, quoting my husband, is undrinkable, enough said
The crown jewel is the hotel room itself, it is a PRISON CELL
It is a rip off, I can't honestly think off a better or more charitable word to describe it
Please I urge you to read review and spend your money ( not that this hotel is cheap by any standard) where you don't feel a wrongly convicted innocent put in a prison cell
I am disgusted, utterly disgusted. We actually booked somewhere else and cut our stay short jut to escape from this prison after one night's stay and trying very hard to persuade ourselves we can put up with it, we are by no means snobs who can't do rough, cheap and cheerful, etc all the good economical trade offs.
It is just grim

Room Tip: Book a different hotel to this one. And read other reviews before you book, whoever bothers to put r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Leamington Hotel? Share your experiences!