“Shouldn't be advertised as a hotel, more like the nastiest motel I have ever seen!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Leamington Hotel

You added Leamington Hotel to your Saves list
Leamington Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 NE 1st Street, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The place is just straight up disgusting... Only reason we stayed was because we flew into ft lauderdale at 6am and needed some rest and something to do before boarding our cruise. $112 later for maybe an Hours worth of sleep was so not worth it. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead. We tried to go to the holiday inn, but they were booked. If I ever head down there again I will make sure I have other arrangements before setting foot in there. You know it's bad when you're checking out and someone asks you if you think the hotel is as nasty as they do!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight, it was okay. Its not the Holiday Inn, but it will do for a overnight stay. no issues with cleaniness or staff. My husband and I found the elevator to be pretty neat. Nice area across from beach, small shopping stores and corner resturant for late night burger. If your looking for a cheap convenient place next to port of miami i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel after I decided to stay an extra night in Miami. After checking in and being in the room for less than a minute, I knew I couldn't stay here. Room smelled like urine and bleach. Floors are shaky and un level. The door wouldn't close properly(it was a crack in it when closed). Elevators were not electrical, you had to ring a bell for a man to come and turn a wheel until you get to your floor. We ended up getting our money back and booking another room.

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I regret more than ever that I didn't look at any reviews before booking this hotel, being totally misled by the photos on the website...
This hotel is like a prison, with staff speaking poor English eating dinner behind service desk, an elevator which makes you worry if you will ever get to the floor your room is on. If you book any room here with breakfast option, be prepared to have just toast and what can prob pass off as a cheap dessert cake, the coffee, quoting my husband, is undrinkable, enough said
The crown jewel is the hotel room itself, it is a PRISON CELL
It is a rip off, I can't honestly think off a better or more charitable word to describe it
Please I urge you to read review and spend your money ( not that this hotel is cheap by any standard) where you don't feel a wrongly convicted innocent put in a prison cell
I am disgusted, utterly disgusted. We actually booked somewhere else and cut our stay short jut to escape from this prison after one night's stay and trying very hard to persuade ourselves we can put up with it, we are by no means snobs who can't do rough, cheap and cheerful, etc all the good economical trade offs.
It is just grim

Room Tip: Book a different hotel to this one. And read other reviews before you book, whoever bothers to put r...
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed there for one night having turned up without a reservation. I was desperate for a room as had to spend a night in Miami thanks to the immigration service making me miss my flight connection. The room was about $100 plus tax, so around $111.

I have the following comments about the hotel:

- customer service (receptionist) was lazy and didn't seem too bothered about assisting.
- room was disgusting: old interior with lots of stains on walls, doors, carpet, lampshades etc.
- cockroaches in the bathroom. I mentioned this to the receptionist who seemed to not care whatsoever, saying it's typical of Miami and she even has them in her home.
- poor breakfast. I went round the corner to a cafe.
- the lift is this shabby old death trap which has to be operated manually by the concierge.
- the wifi was erratic. could not get a decent connection half the time.

The place was dirty and run down yet the same price as the more reputable hotels (Holiday Inn etc) which I called but, unfortunately, were full. The only good thing is that there is a free shuttle to the airport, which I used.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Affordable room in downtown Miami but there's significant downsides. The hotel's -- and I use that term loosely -- interior lobby looks purposefully drab and sterile. Staff were somewhat friendly. The elevator is operated by pulling a metal cage across the door then using a hand operated level to select the floor -- luckily a staff member tends it until midnight. Like the elevator, the room was woefully outdated, as was the bathroom. I've stayed in many hotels/motels but this may be the least frills of any I've seen in twenty years. Yet, the location may have made up for its shortcomings: A stone's throw from Bayside Market and other local attractions. In the end, it was an experience and, luckily, one that lasted only one night -- wouldn't recommend for anyone longer than that for sure!

Room Tip: Wouldn't stay for longer than one night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It's far from luxurious--with spotty hot water and stark, almost institutional decor--but if you're looking for an inexpensive place in downtown Miami, you can't beat it. At the very least, you'll get to tell your friends that you rode in a manual/crank elevator in a "historic" Miami location...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Leamington Hotel? Share your experiences!