This review is NOT exaggerated: I stayed there for 4 nights with 2 business associates in my room and 2 more in another room for a major business event. When we arrived we were informed that we could not have a refrigerator or microwave in our room unless we stayed for 10 days or more. We were told that we could only have ONE key per room. It was emphasized that if there was too much trash left in our room upon checkout we would be charged extra, plus if we lost or took the key, the fee was $150. We found 1 small trashcan in our very small bathroom - so small, the door could not open but bumped into the toilet. The door knob did not work so the door did not stay shut. There was no hook on the door for clothes. The tub floor was scraped off (needing new porcelain) and rusted and green. It had been painted over because when we stepped out of the shower, there was white flakes on our feet. We were never given a bath mat for the floor. We had to ask for washcloths and made several trips down the stairs for more towels/washcloths every single day. No hair dryer was available until our third night.
The carpeting was extremely old and gross. The walls were cracked and the mirror was rusted all around it. The bedding was stained. The window air conditioning unit was taped in but worked okay. The room initially had a VERY strong bleach smell which aggravated my asthma - I had to ask that they not use bleach to clean the rest of our stay.
When we asked for towels or a hairdryer, we were told they would be brought to us - it never happened.
We chose to take the stairs - the elevator was an old one and we had to wait for the man to bring it up .
Me and my associates all had problems getting internet service and had to have the front desk get it to come on our laptops.
The beds caved and the pillows were flat but the room was clean and there were no bugs or rodents or evidence of any.
The towels/washclothes were clean and seemed fairly new. We took lukewarm and cold showers most of the time.
The fire alarm went off several times during our stay due to something other than fire.
The staff were friendly for the most part but seemed overworked. There was only one front desk who never answered our calls to the desk causing us to make multiple trips down the stairs. Maid service didn't even come the third day of our stay.
The very worst part was when I checked out and asked Raybi at the front desk to call me a taxi. She actually called a friend of hers in an unmarked SUV to take me to the airport. When we arrived at the airport and I tried to open my door, I found that the child proof lock was on and the driver told me that he would let me out AFTER I paid him. I gave him $30 but he never gave me my $5 change because he said that he didn't have change. He then ran around to my door to open it from the outside. As a woman in a city that I don't live in, this was a frightening experience - to be LOCKED IN and not allowed to get out of my door!!!!!!
The ONLY good of this "hotel" is the location and price. It could be a quaint place if renovated, but as is, it is absolutely horrible. The owner/manager is stingy and not concerned with his guests comfort or pleasure. I should have paid attention to the reviews before I chose this, especially since I was bringing several business associates with me.
DON'T ignore the reviews!!!!!! They are correct!!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Leamington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leamington Hotel Miami