“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 129 hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

we wanted a hotel that was close to the port of miami and downtown but not spend an arm and a leg. the pictures we saw online weren't that bad. we didn't look at these pictures here regretfully. we regret our decision. we couldn't find anywhere to park to start with. the lady who checked us in at the front desk was very nice and the front looked decent. then we got into the elevator and went to our room. the elevator was very 1930's, but we said ok an adventure. but we walked in our room, it was smelly and OLD!!!! the paint on walls is all chipped, there's only hot water with very poor water pressure, the carpet's nasty and ripped. the bathroom came with NO TOWELS!!!!! no internet, tv gave us 13 channels, only 8 worked. how hard is it to keep a hotel up to clean standards. this place should be shut down for heavy remodeling. it shouldn't even allow anybody to stay here. they should be embarrassed. it's the worst hotel we've ever ever stayed in. it's next to the transit, inner loop and is SO LOUD! walls are so thin you can hear everything. please spend the few extra bucks to stay elsewhere. we would have done that if we weren't here for just one night and leaving on an amazing cruise the next day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had seen poor reviews for this hotel, but decided to book it anyway since we wanted a low price hotel in a good location for a one-night stay in Miami. I regret that decision. This place is dirty & smelly. When the toilet is flushed, there is a loud whistling sound as the bowl refills. The paint is peeling from the wall in places & the door knob is ready to fall off the door. I asked for a quiet room & we were placed in a room next to a noisy old-fashioned elevator that requires manual operation by a hotel employee. While the location is very good & the staff is friendly & helpful, the condition of the property makes this a very undesirable place. We recommend choosing another place & avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The reviews below sum it all up so I will keep this somewhat brief, but here is the experience my girlfriend and I had this past weekend.

We check in and receive an old fashioned key to a room. Who knows how many people have a copy to this so security is automatically a concern for us. We waited for the elevator (which has to be operated by a hotel staff member because of how old it is) for several minutes to take our luggage up to the room. We decided to just take the stairs after the elevator didn't return from the first load the staff member took up. We get to the room and are greeted by old outdated furnishings along with a less than pleasant musty smell. At least the air conditioning worked. The room was extremely small. While the room size doesn't bother us, I'd figure I would put it in here in case you were expecting more floor space other than a small walkway from the bed to the bathroom. The main door would only close if you dead bolted it, and even after we closed it we could see into the hallway through the door jamb due to the misalignment the door had. The beds were extremely old, uncomfortable, and well beyond their useful life. We both left with back pain as a result.

The ONLY positives I can give this place are..

1) The staff. They were friendly and seemed like they were doing everything in their power to try and make the stay pleasant with what they had available to them. Most likely the hotel condition is the result of poor management and not the staff helping the guests.

2) The location. It is a short walk to get to Bayside Mall and all the action, but do yourself a favor and splurge the extra $50 to stay at the Holiday Inn or Intercontinental Hotel. They are also within walking distance to the same attractions. If you can't afford that I would recommend just staying home. This place really put a damper on our weekend overall.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $50-100 to stay at the Holiday Inn or Intercontinental Hotel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Where did they get this pics? not the hotel! Do not stay here. It is not safe or clean. Terrible service and terrible rooms. I am sorry I booked my husband here. I hope everybody reads this comments. I wish I had.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. There's your warning. I stayed here one night because I had business in Brickle and needed a place to crash, but the biggest discrepancy—there are plenty to choose from—is the lack of parking. When I called the front desk to ask where I should park, Claudio went on a sort of modified Glenn Back-styled rant about this is the United States of America and I should park where ever I pleased, all while speaking in a foreign accent and never addressing my question (I figured they didn't have any parking; I just wanted a suggestion as to where guest to the hotel normally park their cars for the night!) The guy working the front desk—Claudio—is like something out of a bad pulp fiction novel: he's rude, abrasive; should probably be working as a garbage man instead of ANYWHERE NEAR an occupation requiring human interaction, but who am I to judge? LOL!
I was on my own for a business trip, but I actually saw a couple families there. They didn't look happy as you can well imagine. There's a CVS around the corner. If you stay there, buy some beer and get wasted as this seems to be the only reasonable activity for a person trying to make sense of making a bad choice while trying to save money. Drink up. And when you're done, head down to the lobby and fire off a couple barbed comments at Claudio; I did. He seems to welcome the abuse. But if you have a family, and you love them, don't stay in this nightmare hotel. If you do, you WILL regret it.
Oh, and there REALLY is no hot water, either. And the Wifi SUCKS BALLS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wish we had read reviews of this ****hole before booking. Iv never ever stayed in a place like this, infact we didnt stay after seeing the room which did NOT resemble anything like the pic on the website in anyway shape or form, it resembled a pigs sty or worse. Be warned, do not book !

Room Tip: dont book , stay away even if you think it'll do for one night, it won't.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is the worst hotel i ever stayed in. First of all there's no parking. When you first walk into the hotel there is a nasty smell that goes straight into your nose and lingers throughout your entire stay there. the guy at the front desk told me that me and my party were the only Americans staying there at the time. There's a short hispanic dude with long hair that rode me up to my room in a old a s s elevator with a gate that has to be manually operated. when i got in that elevator i thought i was in a horror movie! you can only use the elevator if the short dude is around if not then your forced to use the steps. IN the stairwell there are groups of hatian people doing illegal activities with shipments of boxes. when u walk past them they act like ur not suppose to be there and that its not even a hotel. there yelling to each other in hatian and throwin shi+ around the hallway like they own the place. The rooms dont even have an ironing board and a iron you have to walk downstairs and asked to use the one iron that they have in the entire hotel! One bed is smaller than the other and there's not even a bathtub! its only a shower and the worst part is theres no HOT water at all! the water only gets semi warm and thats it! the room is 1/3 of a standard hotel room. the sheets had holes in them, and if u want ice u have to go all the way downstairs to the only ice cooler in the damn hotel. and to top it off the ice cooler is a old school cooler that u have to physically slide it open and scoop ice out of it with a dam ice scoop! The wifi only works if u leave ur room and stand in the hallway basically,and even when it did work it was shi++y. The so called free breakfast is nothing more than biscuites and buns. the reason how i got stuck in this hotel is because i booked through hotwire and i selected the cheapest deal. had i known better i woulda paid the extra money for something better with no problems. DO NOT STAY HERE THE WORST HOTEL IVE EVER BEEN TO! this hotel is a prostitution illegal immigrant crack house. its only good if ur a crack head,illegal immigrant or need a place to get sum quick butt from a chick!

Room Tip: the stairwell has hatians crowding it wraping up boxes
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Leamington Hotel? Share your experiences!