“Unforgettable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoy Como Ayer

Hoy Como Ayer
2212 SW 8th St, Miami, FL (Little Havana)
305 541 2631
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We chose this place to get a feel for "Little Havana" and boy was it a great night!! A MUST try when visiting Miami! You will not be disappointed. Recommend Thursday night when the SPAM ALLSTARS are playing.

Bakersfield, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A hidden gem in Miami! We were looking for a true Cuban experience with salsa dancing on our visit from California. Hoy Como Ayer and The SPAM AllStars delivered and then some. Our best night in Miami was here! Thank you Hoy Como Ayer for an unforgettable night!

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

What a great little club that comes to life after midnight. We made reservations a week ahead of time for a night of fantastic Cuban music among a lively diverse crowd. But lets not lie, el "Cubanaso" was in full effect at this local club that gives homage to all the late and great Cuban performers. The entrance was $40 and I felt it was a little steep until the end of the night. By 3am, I had danced my entrance fee off, and I felt like it was worth every penny. The club is small, which is part of the charm and people stand between the tables and dance as the music moves them. We exited around 3am, but people were hanging out and enjoying the music on the stereo long after the band cleared the stage. What a great night!

Disclaimer...I don't drink, so I don't know the cost of drinks. I would assume they are comparable to any club, but again...I was to busy singing and dancing to notice!

Visited June 2014
Miami Beach
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Come for a great night of Cuban inspired music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I can't believe that I've lived in Miami for 12 years and had never spent an evening
at this legendary Cuban nightclub...what a mistake!
Having friends in from Louisiana who love music and who wanted a "Cuban experience, I decided to give Hoy Como Ayer a visit.....what a treat!
We came on a Thursday evening, a night when the great Spam Allstars usually play. We were very lucky that we were able to boogie to this wonderful band..believe me when they start with
their drums, sax and horns, you won't be able to sit still! The joint was having a blast dancing
to this very special music.
FYI, as usual in Miami, things start late...the live bands didn't begin until 1145pm. Before that, the club has a large video screen showing performances of famous Cuban musicians,
Including Celia Cruz and a very young Gloria Estavan. Note also that the mohitos are great & the Cuban finger food quite good.
Don't miss this oh so fun place for an authentic "Cuban" night in the heart of Little Havana!

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good music and great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

In my recent trip I had the chance to visit this place, today legendary, in Miami.
Hoy como Ayer is a very intimate place in Miami, with a great ambiance, always with great music, most of the time nostalgic music from Cuba, and also with live shows, they serve food, drinks and prices are very convenient, if you want to enjoy good music, and good food, Hoy como Ayer is the place to be.

Visited December 2013