“Expensive & Decent Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL (Downtown)
786-777-2100
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 104 Nightlife in Miami
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
Activities: Dancing, Dining
North Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Expensive & Decent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Food was decent. Nothing extra special. It came with a price tag. Unsure if I would visit again due to cost vs. food quality. We had a great time and service was attentive.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Skip this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very bland flavorless food. Was very disappointed. The atmosphere and decoration made you think you were going to eat a great meal, only to disappoint

Palm City, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Good and quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Came here before a Heat game. It was good food and fast service. I enjoyed the meal along with a terrific margarita. Keep up the great work!

Miami, Florida, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Corporate functions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been here many times for Corporate functions because of their upstairs, open-air area is great. If you are looking for a place to have a cocktail and listen to live music this would be place to go. They food is okay, service is average and the price point to me is high. But if you are at the Hard Rock and want a place to relax and chill they could be a place to try.

Cheers!

Visited April 2014
“We always enjoy the food here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are return customers to Bongos. This is one of the few places in Downtown Disney that we never have to wait on line for, and we always manage to get a table upstairs on the covered patio, away from the foot traffic. This is not a family "gimmicky" restaurant like Rainforest or T-Rex, so that's likely why a table is easier to come by. I can't speak to the authenticity of the Cuban food; however, we are selective about our food and have always enjoyed our entrees and appetizers (that's why we return). The red sangria I ordered last night left much to be desired - even after a replacement was sent for my drink, it was still sub-par and did not have the sweetness I'm accustomed to in a good sangria, but we will definitely return again to enjoy a good meal here.