“If this is Cuban Food- It's tourist Cuban Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL (Downtown)
786-777-2100
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 105 Nightlife in Miami
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
Activities: Dancing, Dining
Charleston, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“If this is Cuban Food- It's tourist Cuban Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pretty place yeah Gloria Estefan owns it but I does not make it a Cuban Food Restaurant.

Ceviche soggy, mojito's passable. It's more a nightclub areppa shredded Beef a traditional Cuban fair was ok the calamari fried where pre made frozen and if not they looked and tasted that way. Suggestion is to Pass on Bongo for food but go to party especially after a Miami Heat game. It's attached to the Miami Heat Venue. All and all it's an OK

Visited November 2013

6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch on our last day in Miami looking for good Cuban food, we were not disappointed! The food was great I had lechon con arroz. But what stood out the most was the awesome service we had! An older gentleman I think his name is Hector was amazing very friendly and made us feel super comfortable, he gave us a suggestion to try the flan and he was right it was delish!! All and all very good, only down side is you have to pay $3 for parking, restaurant should really pick up that fee not the patrons.

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
“Had a nice time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went with some girls friends looking to dance a little bit. I had a lot of fun. I ordered the mojito and it was good- not great. The bartender was just OK- he just did his job but didn't go out of his way to be friendly. My friend ordered the Cuban pork appetizer and it was tasty and good portions. The music was decent... there was a salsa contest and if you enjoy taking a break from dancing to watch-that can be a lot of fun. We went before 11 pm, so we didn't pay for cover. Not sure how much they charge, but I wouldn't pay to go there though...leave it for the big clubs. It was nice not to be feel harassed by creepy guys though...everyone seemed to be out for a good time and in the mood to dance, not creep.

Overall, nice place to go if you are in the mood to dance.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
23 attraction reviews
“Great Nigthclub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went with my boyfriend for a recomenadtion of a friend of his, the place is big it has to dacefloor one indoors and one outdoors with latin music. The drinks are very great you can find a cheap drink with a good alcohol quality, the beer is $6USD. This close until 5 am.

Try to be aerly so you do not have to pay cover

Visited June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
33 attraction reviews
“Nice Nightclub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Over this Memorial Day weekend I attended an event that was hosted here at the Bongos Cuban Café. This place was awesome! They played great music and the drinks were just OK.. They definitely could have been a bit stronger but hey these are the expected challenges when you party at nightclubs right? Every bartender is going to make the drinks differently as far as how strong or not they will be. Ordered a small appetizer of some buffalo wings that were FIRE hot but amazingly good at the same time! I would return here if I had the opportunity visiting Miami again

Visited May 2013