“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL (Downtown)
786-777-2100
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 277 things to do in Miami
Activities: Dancing, Dining
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The worst dining experience ever. The service was beyond slow, and completely unapologetic. The food was edible, but barely. Even the drinks were bad! Don't waste your money, I'm highly disappointed.

Visited November 2012

United States
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was walking around downtown Miami after landing and of course starving. I figured why in Miami, get Cuban food. Located Bongos and went in to see if it ws any good. It was quiet and kinda empty, which fine for a Sunday. I was kinda confused which was the entry because some of the doors was locked but one of the staff member helped me find the correct door. The waiter was quick to take our order. When the food came (I had fish bites) it wsa delish. The fish was fresh and with the lime it wassuperb...definitely would go back when I'm in Miami.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
“The club - not the restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Didn't go to the restaurant. Went on a Saturday night late (1 am) to the club. The live talent that night was "eh" but the DJ did play some good spanish music. I think we may have been the only married couple in the entire club - goes to show it's mainly 18-22 year old "horny kids" looking for fun. Yes they allow in 18year olds. Was fun to dance for about an hour then we left.

Visited September 2012
Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Does Gloria Estafan really eat this?????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Bad. The place was not crowded at all, early on a weekend night, yet somehow our waiter could never be found. Half of the items on the menu were not available (someone needs to do a better job of ordering). What was available was cuban pot roast. Cuban pot roast evidently is a tough grayish slice of meat cooked two or three days ago and (most likely D grade beef) with a tomatopaste sauce poured on top and garnished with six peas. The plantains were- whatever. Why waste brain power to describe them? Bad Service. Bad old food.

Visited July 2012
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent. Great service. I loved the black beans and the tostones. My husband and I had great meals. For dessert we had the Tres Leches cake and it was fabulous. We returned from a Royal Caribbean Cruise and the food at Bongos was better than anything we had on the cruise. Loved it!