“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rok Bar
1905 Collins Ave, Miami, FL 33139 (Downtown)
305 538 7171
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 104 Nightlife in Miami
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I just had to share that we had a horrible time at this establishment! The service was horrible! It was only 1 bartender who took her time with everything even though the bar was packed! she had 2 Busboys that did practically everything for her including making drinks, naming their own prices on the drinks, which was verified it because of multiple trips to the bar for the same drink which had a different price depending on which person we went to! We had a party in the "VIP" section and the bouncers give everybody that is supposed to be treated like VIP ( because we pay for it) a difficult time going in and out, which was mandatory in order to get drinks because there were no servers! My friend (whose boyfriend was the DJ that night) went to the bathroom and they wouldn't let her come back up afterwards, then she was overlooked by the bartender somehow even know the bartender was standing right in front of her, after she waited 10 minutes, after making direct eye contact with the bartender, waving to the bartender, and being close enough that they could be talking to each other, she went upstairs and got her boyfriend who came down (also the owner of the American Express card the drinks were being charged to) and when he came down she went to serve him immediately! After that my friend had a bit of a fit, but that shouldn't justify the way that this place does business, I'm appalled! Especially since I'm a bartender :-\
PS. When a customer needs to speak to a manager they shouldn't be asked to wait over a staff member (after 15min. Of waiting I left so who knows if he ever would have came out)

Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“fun, but small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

we entered this bar while waiting for mynt to open we didnt plan on staying long but were pleasantly surprised bc this place was equally as fun as mynt! the drinks were decently priced. it is a small bar and the crowd is pretty much the people who are refused entry to mynt.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Rokbar is incredible - whoever wrote that last comment is probably just some virgin Who couldn't get laid if he paid for it ! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great energy , Rock N Roll,
Beautiful girls !! Reasonably priced
I mean it is south beach - I highly recommend going !

san diego
“Never again, we felt robbed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I heard this was a good place to go for cheap drinks before hitting Mynt Lounge next door. Boy, were we wrong! The lady at the door offered us a $5 wristband for what she said was $3.00 beers and shots. We thought that sounded like a great deal, who wouldn't? So we go up to the bar and I ordered a bud light and a shot and my friend ordered the same, the bartender served us the drinks and asked for $42, we showed her our wristbands and she said they were only good for well shots and a certain kind of nasty beer. Someone should have told us that, we were pissed. So I paid her cash for mine and my friend gave her her credit card and she said oh, btw, there is a $40 on credit cards. The drinks were overpriced and the bartender was rude, we felt EXTREMELY taken advantage of. Oh, and did I mention it was my birthday? We went to Shore Club next door after that and even though the drinks were expensive nobody tried to rip us off and it was a much better experience.