“A bit old and rundown” 3 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Miami Children’s Museum (MCM) is dedicated to enriching the lives of all children by fostering a love of learning and enabling children to realize their highest potential. We encourage visitors of all ages to play, learn, imagine and create. We are a non-profit educational institution that meets the needs of all children in our multicultural community. We offer interactive exhibits, programs, and learning materials related to arts, culture, community and communication. MCM’s Vision: It is our vision to be recognized as a premier institution serving children and their families while inspiring children to learn about themselves and the culturally diverse community we live in through the arts, literacy, and early childhood education.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A bit old and rundown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was our first visit to the museum. We travel to Miami often and were looking for something different to do. The museum looked old and a bit worn out. A few of the exhibits were closed or not working/missing parts to fully enjoy them. Overall, the kids had a nice time and I guess that's all that counts.

Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Maybe I'll give it another try in 2 years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We were invited to a birthday party at the museum. I read some of the reviews here before going because my son is not even 2 years old. I have to agree with the people who said that the place needs to be updated. The staff was not rude but they don't seemed professional or customer service oriented. I was expecting more knowing that having a party there it is not cheap at all. My boy and I spent most of the time in the interior playground. The exhibits were more for 3 year olds or older, and I honestly did not feel it was a clean place for a kid that still takes stuff to his mouth. I can't imagine having a toddler there when the place is packed - the art areas were a mess and I keep wondering how a stuffed animal can be sanitized. More staff is needed to help cleaning and organizing - yes, that is what a place for kids must do because kids are messy; the restrooms were clean. The best thing about the whole experience was the magician at the party. He did a very good job. Adding an exhibit or playground for toddlers would be a great idea.

Cooper City, Florida
“Outdated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very outdated. Many thinks do not work. Expensive. The only renovated, nice, clean and shiny are the toilettes.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
8 attraction reviews
“Good to entertain the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The museum allows kids to touch and try everything. There are a lot of spaces with different and interesting attractions, but the whole trip won't last more than a morning/afternoon.

Toronto
10 attraction reviews
“Rainy Day Activity?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Spent more than an hour. Somewhat dated. Some good exhibits but I don't feel our kids found it too engaging. I don't think we would go back.

Visited December 2013