“Terrible!” 2 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Miami Children’s Museum (MCM) is dedicated to enriching the lives of all children by fostering a love of learning and enabling children to realize their highest potential. We encourage visitors of all ages to play, learn, imagine and create. We are a non-profit educational institution that meets the needs of all children in our multicultural community. We offer interactive exhibits, programs, and learning materials related to arts, culture, community and communication. MCM’s Vision: It is our vision to be recognized as a premier institution serving children and their families while inspiring children to learn about themselves and the culturally diverse community we live in through the arts, literacy, and early childhood education.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Central NJ
3 attraction reviews
“Terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I took my 20 month old to museum while visiting Florida. Having visited numerous children's museum in the north east I was expecting something very different. This place was awful! There were few activities suitable for my son.

What was for him was either broken or very limited. The blocks were grimy. The music area had a couple tambourines but all other instruments were broken. At the cruise ship a motorized boat was disabled.

The construction zone, a favorite of my son's, was very limited. There were a few hard hats and some blocks but that was it. No trucks or anything to grab a kid's attention.

There was a Wizard of Oz exhibit that had nothing to offer. All the kids could do was push buttons to make sounds or light ups.

As mentioned earlier, my son has been to a bunch in the NY area. We are members of the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia and were able to enter the Miami Museum for free because of our membership ($16 otherwise). He is used to just walking in and going to play. I usually have to drag him to another exhibit to explore. At this museum he willingly followed me around as if looking for something to play with. We were out of there in 40 minutes.

I could see an older child enjoying some aspects of the museum. I would definitely skip this if your children are young, trust me, they won't have a lot of fun.

Visited November 2012

Miami
49 attraction reviews
“Boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My kids are 9 and 11. They did not like this place. It is geared for young kids. The location is nice. It is pricey considering its a museum and pretty boring. I dont think we will be back

Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Gift shop was a bit small”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stopped at the gift shop only and it was a bit small but has some great items esepecially he sale items. Like the majority of miamiians the staff was nice.

Delray beach, fl
5 attraction reviews
“Plenty to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went in the morning, left for lunch and returned for the afternoon with our 5 and 7 year olds. We really enjoyed the wizard of oz display and every thing else available. It was nice getting there 1st thing in the morning as we had the place almost to ourselves for the first hour. The real motorcycle was cool! and they had a drumming for wellness session that was fun for us all. My daughter loved trying out real crutches in the Dr. office and the arts and crafts were great. Well worth the $.

Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
25 attraction reviews
“Fun filled morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We spent about 2 hours exploring the museum. It is geared towards toddlers and kindergarten aged kids. We enjoyed playing in the hospital and dentist area. The veterinarian section had great stuffed animals and an x-ray machine but no other supplies to take care of the animals. The music area was fun to dance in and sing on the microphones. The traveling wizard of Oz exhibit was a lot of fun; they did a great job with the layout and design (we have enjoyed this at Strong Museum of play). If there was more food choices we might have stayed longer.