“GREAT PLACE FOR THE FAMILY WITH KIDS!” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Miami Children’s Museum (MCM) is dedicated to enriching the lives of all children by fostering a love of learning and enabling children to realize their highest potential. We encourage visitors of all ages to play, learn, imagine and create. We are a non-profit educational institution that meets the needs of all children in our multicultural community. We offer interactive exhibits, programs, and learning materials related to arts, culture, community and communication. MCM’s Vision: It is our vision to be recognized as a premier institution serving children and their families while inspiring children to learn about themselves and the culturally diverse community we live in through the arts, literacy, and early childhood education.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
8 attraction reviews
“GREAT PLACE FOR THE FAMILY WITH KIDS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Every time i go to Miami i take my kids there , they love all the interactive games they have! It also has good prices and you stay out of the hot weather.

Visited September 2012

Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“A fantastic interactive museum for kids !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Miami Children's Museum is a fantastic interactive museum for kids and the grown-up kid. Younger children will marvel at the plethora of interactive exhibits, and be delighted that they can touch and move anything they want in this colorful and inviting museum created just for them. The first floor includes a bank, supermarket, hospital, fire station, veterinary clinic, and television studio – all sized for kids. Upstairs, children of all ages can make art and music, board a cruise ship, work on a loading dock, and much more. The more adventurous can climb Mt. Michimu, a kid-sized rock climbing wall.

Weston, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Not what I remembered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When I was younger I remember this being the coolest place ever, but when I went on a trip with my niece I noticed things were dirty and that the staff was not very friendly to me on my visit. Although I try not to judge just based on staff members, all in all my niece had a great time and that's what mattered most.

Visited October 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Remember, it's for the children...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Given the entire day of fun my two boys (aged 5 and 3) had here, I feel mean pointing out a few of the niggles. Car parking is in a city-run, pay-by-the-hour lot with a three-hour maximum (at least that's what I was told when I used the pay-by-phone option). Three hours is just not enough. Also, there's only one pay machine in the lot, which left families standing in 90F-plus heat waiting their turn. Not a good start fro cranky kids who just want to get on and play. There is another pay machine in the lobby of the museum, but of course you only discover that AFTER you've waited for the outside one!
The museum itself is very good. A little pricey at $16 for adults and children, but Bank of America cardholders get free admission the first weekend each month and Florida residents get $4 off as well (there are more discounts for Miami residents), so the deals combined lowered what would have been a $64 tab for us to just $24 - and that was terrific value.
There are so many areas inside to entertain and challenge children, my boys particularly loved the remote control boats and the cargo loading crane, but the mini-city and Olympic-themed play areas downstairs were a big draw too. There really is plenty for small children to get their hands on. Some areas need a little sprucing... some of the electronic displays on some exhibits and attractions didn't work, half of the music room was switched off and the shelves of the Publix supermarket play area were stripped of any play food - most of it had been thrown on the floor by other kids and there seemed to be nobody 'restocking'. My three-year-old was a bit bewildered pushing an empty cart round a supermarket with nothing to put in it.
Also, the only food for sale is in a Subway franchise in the lobby. Personally I don't think that's a very healthy option for an attraction aimed at children, but I guess the museum needs the $$$ and it's an easy option to franchise out.
But that aside, we were delighted with our visit and what was going to be a short stay turned into an all-day adventure. Just don't tell the City of Miami we overran our time in the parking lot!

Visited September 2012
washington, dc
10 attraction reviews
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I had a great time @ this museum with my child. The museum is an excellent option if you are in the miami or fort lauderdale area and it happens to be a rainy day during your vacay and you need something indoors. Plenty of things to do and see. The only drawback is you have to pay by the hour for parking on top of the 16 entrance fee. I would rather pay a little higher price to go in than pay by the hour for parking. Also there is only 1 parking payment place in the lot and one in the lobby so there is a line..not very efficient.