“Historical” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Domino Park

Domino Park
S.W. 8th St. and S.W. 15th Ave., Miami, FL (Coral Way)
Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 294 things to do in Miami
USA
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Historical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After breakfast, my wife, my puppy and I stroll over to the Domino Park to watch the veterans play Dominoes. It is historical and cultural. During our last visit we saw that the City of Miami were powerwashing the whole park...it's nice to see that such a tradition is kept up by both it's participants and the City.

Go and check it out if you have never seen it.

Visited August 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The next best thing to watching dominos being played in Guantanamo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'm a co-author of a domino book, called "Dominos For Schools" and I saw some of the great blocks here. You can learn more at ABCDominos where you can get a free ebook.

Miami
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is a delight to see so many people enjoying themselves in such an open manner. Different cultures can bring people together in odd ways. Worth a visit

Wilmington, Delaware
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 566 helpful votes
“Definitely worth seeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

You're missing out on Miami if you don't give Little Havana and Calle Ocho a visit. Domino Park (aka Maximo Gomez Park) is real culture. Even on a Wednesday afternoon, scores of men are playing double-nines and double-six dominoes, along with others playing chess. This is a private club but very accessible for picture takers like myself. I was surprised that there is a "no smoking" sign up for the club. Across the street is the Little Havana Cigar Factory (shop) where others gather to enjoy a cigar. Nearby cafes serve Cuban style coffee. Even though I was not Cuban or Spanish speaking, I found everyone very socialable and willing to explain what I was seeing. A rich experience!

Miami, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Doesn't everyone play Dominoes on the street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Cuban's grow up playing Dominoes....we hear the stories of the old Cubans playing in the streets of Cuba and this is the closest we can get to that tradition. Fun to walk around and watch the locals playing. It's real not a tourist gimmick.

Visited July 2011

Been to Domino Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Domino Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.