“Consistently Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This Marriott is awesome! If you're looking for the Miami experience, this is it..without being on South Beach. The staff is friendly and professional, the amenities are outstanding (Starbucks onsite!) and they rarely miss a beat! I accomplished platinum elite level here, and they went above and beyond to celebrate that! That's a small detail that made a BIG impact to me, a business traveler who's in a different city 3x/month. I appreciate the team here and have had lasting memories here! Best hotel near an airport!

Room Tip: Ask for the Pure room if you have allergy issues. It's a little more, but worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

i Always stay at his hotel when traveling to Miami. Closest hotel to the airport but rooms are quiet.

Best feature: Hertz desk. Take hotel shuttle from airport when arriving late at nite and pick car next morning. Returning it is a breeze.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raul U, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Juan R,
We love that we are your favorite airport hotel! Thank you for the great feedback. Hertz, shuttle service to and from the airport are just a few of the many amenities we offer. See you next time while you are in Miami.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The service at Marriott's is always good and expected. Ate at the hotel restaurant and it was very good. Great service by the bar tender and staff.
The condition of my room is okay. You can tell it needs renovation and updates. My tub/shower is kinda yellowing. The worst is the remote control. We all know that is where the germs reside but it appears this remote has not been wiped down, cleaned for awhile. Dust, dirt, whatever else. yuck.

Room Tip: I was in the tower which was fairly quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our restaurant and staff. I am so happy you had a wonderful dining experience. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and we take all reviews seriously. We would have loved the opportunity to provide you a new remote during your stay with us if we had known. We appreciate your feedback, as it allows us further evaluate our processes in an effort to improve the guest experience. We hope you give us another opportunity and visit us again.
US Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We've been staying at the Marriott Miami Airport for many years. The hotel and grounds are great but this review is about our bartender friend Ira.

We met Ira one night probably 10 years ago when our flight was cancelled. Ever since then, we join Ira at the bar every trip to Miami and he treats us like family. He's friendly, knowledgeable, and along with his lovely assistant Rosie, gives everyone a wonderful experience. I can't even count all the people we've met through Ira's introducing us to our bar neighbors!
Ira told me this trip that he's been with Marriott I believe 32 years. I hope Marriott appreciates his kind of service and dedication to his customers. He should really be commended and thanked by the company for making so many people feel at home at the Marriott hotel. He shows real dedication and loyalty to his company.

• Stayed July 2014
Raul U, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Joschus,
Thank you for all the great comments about our bartenders Ira and Rosie. We are so lucky to have them a part of our team and they are truly an asset to our hotel. It would be my pleasure to recognize them for always making you feel welcome when you come here. Our associates are just as important as our guests and we value their loyalty to the Miami Airport Marriott. Hope to see you soon! Ira will have your drink ready!
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the hotel manager didn't accept our discounted rate was very disappointed. Eddy made it up to my husband and myself the service that Eddy gave us was professional, kind, courteous, he was knowledgable, funny and caring. I had a foot injury and Eddy took the best care of us from beginning to end. I nominate him for employee of the month. Thanks Eddy for making our stay a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife & I stayed for two nights at the Miami Airport Marriott, and absolutely, positively, found it to be faultless throughout our stay (my parents joined us on the second night, and they were similarly impressed).

Upon our arrival, we were very warmly welcomed by Richard, and genuinely made to feel valued by Richard, and as if our business was both important and appreciated. Before checking my wife & me in to our room, Richard took care of a request (low floor, close to elevator) I had for the room for my parents. The next evening, when my parents checked in, both my requests had been met.

Our room (871) was as expected: spacious, clean, and comfortable, and with modern and comfortable décor and furnishings (the hotel was last renovated in 2012).

It's all about the service at Miami Airport Marriott, with every single staff member with whom we had an interaction being warm, friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring (this also goes for the staff at Champions sports bar in the Courtyard by Marriott, which is adjacent to the Miami Airport Marriott).

As I learned quite a long time ago: you can teach someone to carry out a task, to perform a job, or to provide a service, but you can't teach passion, pride, or enthusiasm...three traits that we found to be in abundance with all the staff we engaged with during our stay at Miami Airport Marriott.

Thanks to my Silver Elite status with Marriott Rewards, we had access to the Concierge Lounge during our stay, and enjoyed evening snacks and drinks (Honor Bar, $5 per beer, wine, or spirit) on Sunday evening, and a more than adequate breakfast on Monday morning before checking out of the hotel.

The fitness center is located in the Courtyard by Marriott, which is part of the same campus that also includes the Residence Inn. The fitness center is very well-equipped with Life Fitness cardio machines and weight stations, and is more than adequate...in fact, is probably the best-equipped gym I have ever used in an airport hotel.

Mason in the Cane Fire Grille looked after us quite well on the two occasions we went there (drinks one evening, dinner the next), and was always very friendly and helpful.

I have been fortunate to be able to travel extensively for both business and pleasure since 1984, and have stayed in more airport hotels than I care to count, but I can honestly say that the Miami Airport Marriott is now top of my list of airport hotels anywhere in the world.

Thanks and "well-done" to the team at Miami Airport Marriott...!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was just at this hotel to attend a wedding in the area. It was very convenient, only about 5 minutes from the airport and there is an airport shuttle that runs every 15 minutes until around midnight. Much of the city's public transportation comes through the airport so that was a plus because we did not have a car.

Everyone we encountered was very helpful and nice. The bartender (a gentleman) was quick to point out people watching spots on our first night. Ralph and Lewis were especially friendly and helpful in pointing us to some area attractions as well as setting up our tours and transportation.

The hotel looks to be recently updated. Our room on the 9th floor was very nice and comfortable, but the bathroom was small. We were in the west wing which gives an amazing view of the city. We were surprised there was not more noise since we were so close to the airport. We didn't hear any planes while in our room.

We only had one meal in the restaurant. The food we had was good, but some menu items were a bit pricey.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!